Who are we?
We’re a small, diverse team working at the cutting edge of machine learning. At Cohere, our mission is to build machines that understand the world and to make them safely accessible to all. Language is at the crux of this, but it can be difficult and expensive to parse the syntax, semantics, and context that all work together to give words meaning. The Cohere platform provides access to Large Language Models through its APIs that read billions of web pages and learns to understand the meaning, sentiment, and intent of the words we use in a richness never seen before.
We’ve raised our Series B
, signed a multi-year partnership with Google Cloud
, and we are focused on bringing our technology to market. We will partner with customers so they can build natural language understanding and generation into their products with just a few lines of code.
We’re ambitious — we believe our technology will fundamentally transform how industries interact with natural language. And we have the technical chops to back it up - Cohere’s CEO, Aidan Gomez, is a co-author of the groundbreaking paper “Attention is all you need”
, (over 53k citations) and was previously part of Google Brain. Our entire technical team is world-class.
We are focused on creating a diverse and inclusive work environment so that all of our team members can thrive. We welcome kind and brilliant people to our team, from wherever they come.
Please Note: We have offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London but embrace being remote-first! There are no restrictions on where you can be located for this role.
As a Tech Risk Coordinator you will:
- Assign & track engineering work related to technical risk (vulnerabilities, pen test results, access reviews, patching, major upgrades, incident remediations, etc.)
- Coordinate audits (SOC testing, penetration tests, vulnerability scans, etc.)
- Manage our bug bounty program
- Coordinate the engineering on call program
- Analyze metrics and report to senior leadership about the vulnerability, patching, & incident management programs
You may be a good fit if:
- You have familiarity with regulatory compliance management and enterprise risk
- You have a basic understanding of software systems
- You are highly organized and enjoy coordinating work across teams
- You have experience reporting on program effectiveness (ie: vulnerability, patching, and incident management programs)
- You’ve worked with software development teams that develop software for customers
If some of the above doesn’t line up perfectly with your experience, we still encourage you to apply! If you consider yourself a thoughtful worker, a lifelong learner, and a kind and playful team member, Cohere is the place for you.
We welcome applicants of all kinds and are committed to providing both an equal opportunity process and work environment. We value and celebrate diversity and strive to create an inclusive work environment for all.
🤝 An open and inclusive culture and work environment
🧑💻 Work closely with a team on the cutting edge of AI research
🍽 Free daily lunch
🦷 Full health and dental benefits, including a separate budget to take care of your mental health
🐣 100% Parental Leave top-up for 6 months for employees based in Canada, the US, and the UK
🎨 Personal enrichment benefits towards arts and culture, fitness and well-being, quality time, and workspace improvement
🏙 Remote-flexible, offices in Toronto, Palo Alto, and London and coworking stipend
✈️ 6 weeks of vacation and shared Canada/US/UK holidays