Senior Systems Engineer
Posted on 11/9/2023
Independent developer of immersive medieval-themed video games
Torn Banner Studios, based in Toronto, Canada, is a dynamic independent video-game company known for its passion and commitment to creating immersive gaming experiences, as evidenced by their popular games Chivalry: Medieval Warfare and Chivalry 2. The company's culture is deeply rooted in a love for games and a strong community support, which drives their dedication to delivering high-quality, engaging content. Their competitive edge lies in their ability to recreate iconic medieval moments in a first-person multiplayer format, setting them apart in the industry and positioning them as leaders in the realm of historical battle games.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↓ -50%
1 year growth↓ -36%
2 year growth↓ -32%
Toronto, ON, Canada
IT & Security
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products. (Gaming or related industry experience preferred but not required)
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
- Good project management skills.
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required.
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language.
- Highly self motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Collaborate with network staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with Head of IT, executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve business systems issues.
- Design and deploy new applications and enhancements to existing infrastructure, applications, hardware software, and operating systems.
- Perform Cyber Security analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions.
- Conduct research on software and systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts.
- Interact and negotiate with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services.
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems.
- Propose and create system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide direction to system programmer and development teams.
- Design and perform server and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Integrate servers, including database, e-mail, print, and backup servers and their associated software into enterprise systems.
- Ensure system connectivity of all servers, shared software, groupware, and other applications.
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records.
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house computing systems.
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests, including end-user reviews, for modified and new systems.
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports.