Claims and AP Specialist
Posted on 8/19/2022
Austin, TX, USA • Remote
- At least 2 years of hands-on experience analyzing, processing, and filing transportation claims and/or processing A/P
- Problem-solver and strategic thinker who enjoys puzzles and is comfortable with ambiguity; you look to quickly troubleshoot complex claims issues and bring structure to chaos
- Natural self-starter with a proven ability to work independently in a remote environment
- Superb organizational and time management skills
- Ability to juggle multiple channels of communication and responsibilities with ease
- Effective verbal and written communication; ability to coordinate with customers, claims adjusters, transportation vendors, and support teams alike to obtain data and deliver results
- A team-first attitude that enables you to easily and effectively work with multiple cross-functional teams; ability to establish enduring, trust-based relationships
- Uphold and maintain excellent relationships with all customers on sensitive claim matters while using the claims process to create a satisfied customer
- Work autonomously across teams to quickly triage and resolve claims on a first-hand basis
- Act forensically to analyze a multitude of documents including photos, timelines, tariffs, and reporting to string together optimal claim filings
- Work alongside finance associates to support invoicing and billing operations including managing vendor relationships, processing payments, reconciliation, and reporting
- Work with management to deliver actionable insights and recommendations to streamline processes within the product
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned
- Solid foundation/understanding of transportation industry fundamentals is a plus
Mothership's mission is to build the future of freight so that businesses like yours can move faster than ever before.
- Your work matters - We offer very competitive salaries and equity, with a culture built around ownership of your work. We also offer a 401(k) program that helps you plan for your future.
- Flexible vacation policy - Enjoy unlimited paid time off that you can use for whatever you need. We even require you take at least 2 weeks annually.
- Health and wellness - Medical, dental, and vision insurance are covered by us so you have access to the right care for you.
- All remote - Our goal is to cultivate a culture that ultimately supports asynchronous communication, promotes documentation, and the flexibility to focus on what matters most - getting back to work.
- Come together - There are many opportunities to connect in-person to build relationships that will help you operate even more effectively when you’re not physically together.
- Strong community - From our 'lunch and learn' series to volunteer activities to monthly team rock climbs, there’s no shortage of fun to get involved in here.