Senior Software Development Engineer In Test
Sdet, "Remote Work From Home"
Updated on 9/29/2022
Burlingame, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
Google Cloud Platform
- Test-Driven Development - promote, establish, implement and enhance TDD processes and procedures; help/mentor the development team
- Application Development - Design, develop, and document, and implement test scenarios for new features or updating existing scenarios and implement new tests as needed
- Project - Identify system and integration tasks during team sprint cycle and provide implementation strategies and estimates
- Create/Write - write test cases and automate through API, UI automation as needed
- Maintain - Developing and maintaining quality automation code and Test environments
- Engage with business & technology stakeholders in identifying test scenarios and regression testing needs
- A leader in automated API and functional testing; Work closely with the development team to understand the functionality and identify testability of functional elements
- Mentor teams on the testability of functional elements, best practices on test coverage
- Troubleshoot and debug technical issues in a variety of application environments
- Identify any technical risk or gaps within the system and recommend alternate mitigation approaches; Openly share ideas on new approaches with the team and mentor other team members on
- Learn constantly and keep up with technological changes, best practices, newer frameworks, and patterns related to all technologies
- Technical leadership and best practice guidance across all platforms; partner with other development and QA teams to advance the technical requirements of the system; Build and maintain strong working relationships with the key teams and organization QA team
- Drive continuous integration and deployment efforts. What you''ll bring
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, engineering, or related degree
- Excellent understanding of the testing process, test types, and testing methodologies. Demonstrate experience with TDD; 3+ year of experience with Cucumber/Gherkin or similar
- Demonstrate understanding and experience with object-oriented design
- Demonstrate understanding and application of algorithms to test solutions
- Demonstrable experience of common development technologies (AJAX, J2EE, HTML, XML/XSL, JSON, Web Services [SOAP, REST], Maven/Gradle …etc.)
- 6+ years of technical experience in developing test frameworks and automation (JUnit, NUnit, Mocha, RSpec, and the like)
- 6+ years of experience with load/performance testing of web-based applications and RESTful APIs
- Hands-on familiarity with the cloud environment: GCP, AWS, or similar
- Extensive experience with SQL and relational database design
- Experience with web driver tools (like Selenium, Capybara, and Puppeteer)
- Experience performance testing concepts and approaches including using tools like JMeter or similar
- The collaborative mindset with strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Exhibit a continuous improvement mindset. Achieve well-being with:
- Hybrid and remote work opportunities
- 401 (k) employer match
- Medical, dental and vision with HSA and FSA
- Competitive and flexible PTO, including dedicated volunteer days
- Complete wellness support with access to Virgin Pulse, Ginger Health Coaching, and fitness discounts
- Up to $5,250 paid back to you on eligible education expenses
- Pet insurance for your furry friends
- Financial support in times of hardship with our Achieve Care Fund
- A safe place to connect with team members through our six employee resource groups
Personal financial assessments & debt solutions
Freedom Financial Network's mission is to empower everyday Americans to move forward towards a better financial future.
- Medical, dental, vision.
- Paid Vacation. (increases with tenure)
- PTO for your birthday.
- 401k with employer match.
- Paid holidays & sick days.
- PTO for volunteer work.
- Parent Leave.
- Pet Insurance.
- Care (for everyone)
- Get Better (every day)
- Act With Integrity (every time)
- Collaborate (with everybody)