Senior Full-Stack Web Developer for Scientific Applications
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
New York, NY, USA • Clifton Park, NY, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related area, plus 5-8 years experience in web development, preferably in a technical/software industry, or equivalent amount of education and experience
- Back-end service programming in Python preferably with Django, Flask, FastAPI, or similar
- Experience with Database Management Systems (DBMS)
- Proficiency with modern front-end application frameworks such as React or Vue.js
- Knowledge of HTTP and related standards such as REST
- Ability to build secure web applications which protect against common attack vectors
- Experience with software quality process tools and methodologies, such as Git, continuous integration, and automated testing
- Collaborate with our distributed research and development engineering team as well as external collaborators and customers to design and implement new features and fix bugs for our platforms and web applications
- Contribute to the overall architecture design of web applications
- Maintain scalability, code integrity, and usability of applications
- Participate in our team's software quality assurance practices
- Work concurrently on multiple projects for a variety of customers
- Be an excellent communicator with both local and remote teammates
- Translate scientific requirements of collaborators into technical and architectural application requirements
- Experience designing and implementing greenfield software solutions, based on gathered business requirements
- Experience with cloud computing services, particularly AWS and Heroku
- Experience using DevOps methodologies and related tools, such as Terraform, Ansible, Kubernetes, and Docker
- Experience in building well-crafted user interfaces, including interactive data visualizations
Software company for open source software solutions
Kitware's mission is to advance science & technology, empower global innovation and address the world’s challenges. The company specializes in the R&D of open-source software in the fields of computer vision, medical imaging, visualization, and technical software development.
- 100% Employee Owned
- Flexible Schedules
- Generous PTO
- comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurances
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Disability and ADHD Insurance
- Immigration and Visa Processing
- Referral Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Computer Hardware Allowance
Company Core Values
- Culture: Promote an inclusive and energized environment that emphasizes integrity and teamwork.
- Growth: Work passionately and creatively to grow personally, professionally, and together as a company.
- Collaboration: Drive sustainable innovation through collaborative relationships with customers and open source communities.
- Open Science: Champion algorithms and open source software platforms to accelerate the pace of reproducible research and product development.
- Impact: Advance scientific understanding for the betterment of humankind.