Posted on 2/4/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 3+ years of experience in set up, operation and/or programming of CNC mill
- Read and understand blueprints, GD&T, notes and tolerances
- Understand basic G-Code and comfortable making adjustment to feed/speed
- Ability to use hand inspection tools to check machined features
- Familiar with multiple machine control, OSP, Fanuc, and Siemens
- Experience working with various material, such as Inconel, stainless steel, copper, titanium
- Ability to read and work off of a blueprint
- Must be willing to work all shifts, overtime, and/or weekends as needed
- Ability to lift up to 25 lbs. unassisted
- Ability to stand for extended periods - 8 hours min
- Ability to stoop, bend, crawl, and being able to maneuver in tight spaces
- Repetitive movement, bending or twisting, using hands to handle, control, or feel objects, tools or controls, exposure to sounds and noise levels that are distracting
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Set up and operate multi-axis CNC Mills up to 5-axis
- Inspect parts using hand tool to verify dimensions
- Complete machining operations from blueprints, drawings and/or verbal instructions
- Work with complex, tight tolerance parts and various materials
- Meet expectations for productivity
- Communicate with shop leadership when production is inhibited
- Continuously provide feedback for process improvement
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.