We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Designer who can impact our user experience and elevate it to the best in any category! We are looking for a Product Designer who loves designing intuitive experiences that delight your users and make them successful. We’d like you be creative and thoughtful, and care deeply about understanding customers and considering their feedback.
In this role, you will be able to design integrated experiences across tools our customers use daily, including Amazon Web Services, Microsoft, Slack, and other platforms. With integrations, customers can expedite the time to resolve an incident and find information to prevent future problems. Through extensibility tools and APIs, you will drive the user experience and value for customers, partners, and internal PagerDuty teams. If you are curious, passionate, and ready to work with cross-functional teams, let’s talk!
- Partner with Product Managers and Software Engineers to prioritize, define, and deliver best-in-class user experiences.
- Develop and execute a design strategy that integrates with multiple product areas.
- Create design artifacts that inspire others and are recognized by the team as raising the bar for the product.
- Proactively generate new cross-product ideas and leads the implementation in this group.
- Fluent in agile, able to build and groom backlogs, write tickets, prioritize work to map to strategic initiatives.
- Design beautiful, useful, and desirable user interfaces and experiences in a team environment.
- Conduct user research & usability tests and synthesize insights and feedback to validate design decisions.
Skills & Attributes
- You are empathetic; you strongly desire to learn about people and how they use the software.
- You can effectively communicate your thoughts and opinions to justify your design decisions.
- You are a strategic thinker that can break down complex problems into simple solutions.
- You are self-driven and resourceful; you take on new challenges and opportunities in a fast-paced environment.
- Grasp how effective visual communication (from font pairings to style tiles) helps translate compelling ideas across any team in any field.
- Stay in the loop and on top of the latest standards, changes, and trends in the UX/UI product design field.
- Function independently and in a team environment, with excellent collaboration skills.
- You have worked with consumer-facing and/or B2B products and appreciate simple and delightful experiences.
- Be a passionate and effective advocate for design with non-design audiences.
- You have 5+ years of relevant experience in the UX design of digital products released to the market.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates taking multiple projects from start to finish (from research and discovery to implementation with engineers and product teams).
- You have the ability to think at a high level about product strategy but also act–with speed and precision–to deliver the tactical pieces to realize it.
- Helped establish a design thinking culture at a fast-growing company., and the ability to mentor junior and senior members of the UX team.
- Proficiency in Figma as well as familiarity with online user research tools
The base salary range for this position is 124,000 - 189,000 USD. This role may also be eligible for bonus, commission, equity, and/or benefits.
Our base salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range, which is subject to change based on primary work location, reflects the minimum and maximum base salary we expect to pay newly hired employees for the position. Within the range, we determine pay for an individual based on a number of factors including market location, job-related knowledge, skills/competencies and experience.
Your recruiter can share more about the specific offerings for this role, as well as the salary range for your primary work location during the hiring process.
PagerDuty is a global company focused on inclusion and employee well-being by building a culture that isn’t location specific and gives equal opportunity to everyone—regardless of where you are working.
As a Dutonian, you can expect competitive pay and benefits; structured learning, development, and advancement; immersion in our award-winning company culture; and exceptional colleagues. PagerDuty currently has offices in Atlanta, Lisbon, London, San Francisco, Sydney, Tokyo, and Toronto, with remote opportunities in those countries and Chile. We offer a hybrid, flexible workplace, while also providing ample opportunities for connection in-person and virtually with your fellow Dutonians.
Not sure if you qualify?
Apply anyway! We extend opportunities to a broad array of candidates, including those with diverse workplace experiences and backgrounds. Whether you’re new to the corporate world, returning to work after a gap in employment, or simply looking to transition or take the next step in your career path, we are excited to connect with you.
One way we ensure our employees are inspired to do their best is through a comprehensive total rewards approach that supports them and their loved ones. As a global organization, our programs are competitive with industry standards and aligned with local laws and regulations.
Your package may include:
- Competitive salary and company equity
- Comprehensive benefits package from day one
- Flexible work arrangements
- ESPP (Employee Stock Purchase Program)
- Retirement or pension plan
- Paid parental leave - up to 22 weeks for pregnant parent, up to 12 weeks for non-pregnant parent (some countries have longer leave standards and we comply with local laws)
- Generous paid vacation time
- Paid holidays and sick leave
- Paid volunteer time off - 20 hours per year
- Bi-annual company-wide hack weeks
- Mental wellness programs
- Dutonian Wellness Days & Midyear Wellness Week - scheduled company-wide paid days off in addition to PTO and scheduled holidays
- HibernationDuty - a week each year when everyone at PagerDuty, with the exception of a small, coverage crew, is asked to take a much needed break to truly disconnect and recharge
PagerDuty, Inc. (NYSE:PD) is a leader in digital operations management. In an always-on world, organizations of all sizes trust PagerDuty to help them deliver a better digital experience to their customers, every time. Teams use PagerDuty to identify issues and opportunities in real time and bring together the right people to fix problems faster and prevent them in the future. Notable customers include Cisco, Genentech, Electronic Arts, Cox Automotive, Shopify, Zoom, DoorDash and more.
Led by CEO Jennifer Tejada, 50% of our board of directors is comprised of women, 45% of our managers are from underrepresented groups, and we are a proud member of the Pledge 1% Movement, committed to donating 1% Equity, 1% Employee time, and 1% Product to accelerate change in our communities.
PagerDuty is Great Place to Work-certified™, a Fortune Best Place to Work for Women, and a top rated product on TrustRadius and G2.
Go behind-the-scenes @pagerdutylife on Instagram.
PagerDuty is committed to creating a diverse environment and is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. PagerDuty provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
PagerDuty is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. Should you require accommodation, please email [email protected] and we will work with you to meet your accessibility needs.
PagerDuty uses the E-Verify employment verification program