Technical Services Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Milwaukee, WI, USA • Waukesha, WI, USA
- B.S. Degree in Engineering or equivalent. Willing to train new college graduates!
- Field service experience or design engineering experience is preferred
- Possess a working knowledge of pump or rotating equipment mechanical design
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook skills
- Excellent communication (written and oral) and personal interaction skills required
- The ability to conduct training to both technical and operations personnel
- Effectively analyze and report data in a logical and systematic way so that it can be used to manage resources
- Develop and write comprehensive technical reports on the assessment of pump repairs and field service calls
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to obtain valid passport
- On-time design of products, both new and aftermarket, to ensure customer requirements and specifications are met or exceeded
- Manage projects for aftermarket (repairs) to ensure timely completion of design related tasks. This includes proper coordination and interaction with operations and assisting operations in execution as required
- Perform engineering calculations and analysis as needed
- Prepare proposals for aftermarket projects and selling opportunities
- Serve as technical consultant on design and manufacturing issues for both new and aftermarket products
- Coordinate in-house testing of pumps for aftermarket projects in cooperation with shop operations
- Interface with agents/ customers on a variety of issues: sales, marketing, service, etc
- Produce Pro E and Auto CAD drawings, layouts, and 3-dimensional drawings as required to meet shop production required dates to ensure customer on-time delivery for projects and repairs
- Perform field service on pumps for customers (i.e. repairs, start up, warranty, testing, installation, etc.). This includes pump and system vibration data collection, analysis, and review
- Complete field service assignments as needed
- Investigate field requirements in terms of design application, and failures for various conditions and determine solutions for customers
- Provide Technical support to Customer Service and customers
- Participation in Xylem Watermark volunteer activities
- E.I.T. or P.E. License is a plus
- Vibration analysis experience and/or vibration analyst certification is a plus
Innovative water solutions
Xylem helps consumers solve water. The company works to bring clean water, sanitation and hygiene education to schools and communities in emerging markets, and respond with water solutions when disaster strikes around the globe
- Professional Development – To advance the capabilities of our people, we offer a wide variety of experiences to support our employees’ professional growth and continuous learning.
- Total Rewards – We offer comprehensive programs for compensation, benefits, recognition, learning and development, work-life integration and corporate citizenship.
- Watermark – Watermark is our corporate social responsibility program working to provide education and access to safe water to ensure healthy lives, gender equality, and resilient communities. Employees have the opportunity to learn and volunteer on various water-related projects.
- Employee Networks – Our Employee Networks provide a professional, supportive network for employees from diverse backgrounds, including Women’s, LGBT+ and Allies, Veteran’s, People of Color and Allies, Hispanic Origin & Latin Affinity, Emerging Leaders, and Working Parents Networks.
Company Core Values
- Respect: for each other, for diversity of people and opinions, for the environment
- Responsibility: for our words and actions, for customer satisfaction, for giving back to our communities
- Integrity: for acting ethically, for doing what we say we’ll do, for having the courage to communicate with candor
- Creativity: for thinking beyond boundaries, for anticipating tomorrow’s challenges, for unlocking growth potential