Rec Room is the best place to build and play games together. Chat, hang out, explore MILLIONS of rooms, or build something new to share with us all! These rooms create compelling social experiences that connect millions of players 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
As a Senior Software Engineer on our UGC (User Generated Content) Foundations team, you will build and optimize the underlying systems that drive creation across Rec Room. You will empower creators to build the next generation of games, rooms, and experiences across multiple platforms (mobile, console, VR).
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Design and build scalable systems across Rec Room UGC
- Build state of the art networking, physics, rendering, and UGC capabilities
- Raise the bar on engineering excellence by writing robust and tested code
- Solve technical design challenges and deliver creative solutions
- Help define and prioritize work for a small team of engineers, designers, and QA
- Collaborate with teams across Rec Room to bring new functionality to our creators
WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience building and shipping production-ready C-family code (e.g. C#, C++)
- Experience working with interactive 3D software or game engines such as Unity or Unreal
- Excellent cross-discipline communication skills
- A constant desire to learn, improve, and help others grow
- Ability to onboard and work remotely or in our office (located in Seattle, WA)
BONUS POINTS IF YOU HAVE:
- Experience building UGC tools or systems
- Experience working with data oriented technology or entity component systems
- Experience with rendering, memory, or performance optimization
- Experience with modern gaming consoles and/or mobile game development
COMPANY INFO TO KNOW:
The base pay range for this position is $160,000-210,000 per year; however, the base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, location, skills, and experience. Stock options and, in some cases, a sign-on bonus may be offered as part of the compensation package. We also offer a full slate of benefits, including flexible vacation, medical, dental vision, life and disability coverage, long-term care insurance, FSA, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan with company match, and a parental leave program. We also offer some not-so-standard benefits, including equipment, family, and pet care stipends.
Rec Room provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Applicants who are in need of a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process may contact, in confidence, [email protected]. Rec Room will work with each individual to define their application-related needs and to try to accommodate those needs.
Applicants can find our CCPA disclosure notice here.