Senior Security Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA • Remote
Google Cloud Platform
- You have 5+ years experience securing production applications
- You have 3+ years of experience with application security tooling and processes, including code review, static code analysis, penetration testing, and risk management
- You have experience implementing and using static and dynamic security tools
- You have 3+ years of experience programming in at least one general purpose programming language (e.g. Python, Rust, Go)
- You have experience operating in cloud-based environments (we use Google Cloud, but experience with other platforms is ok too)
- You are comfortable reasoning about the security of complex systems, even if they contain components you aren't familiar with
- You have experience leading security projects with a cross-functional group
- Develop technical solutions to find and address security issues (including libraries and frameworks)
- Build tools with an emphasis on self-service, automation, and performance, to help identify and mitigate application security flaws
- Perform reviews ranging from architectural design to threat modeling and source code level assessments, providing recommendations to make our products more secure
- Review development frameworks for security functionality, consistency, and uplift opportunities
- Conduct application security assessments across all Discord services both user-facing and internal
- Discover weaknesses in Discord by using both manual and automated methods (code reviews, threat models, static scans, penetration tests)
- Experience with Threat Modeling and analyzing complex designs
- Experience programming in at least one systems programming language (e.g. C, C++)
- Familiarity with common application vulnerabilities on the platforms Discord ships on (that's all of them)
- Experience with Linux system administration (we use Ubuntu)
- Experience developing, operating, and debugging distributed systems
Gaming communication platform
Discord's mission is to build an easy-to-use communication service that gives people a place to talk, build relationships, and belong.
- Stay healthy - We take care of our team with comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision plans.
- Parental perks - Spend some quality time with the next generation with parental leave, fertility, adoption, and surrogacy benefits.
- Kick back - Stay refreshed with over 19 paid holidays, use-what-you-need sick days, and four weeks of PTO.
- Commute easy - In a non-COVID world, get up to $270 per month for your commuting and parking needs.
- The loadout - When we’re back in the office, enjoy daily catered lunches and snacks, a desk fund to make your space yours, and whatever you need for your computer setup, including a headphone allowance.
- Wellness on us - Take advantage of a quarterly wellness allowance for your gym membership or other wellness activities. Virtual yoga every week!
- Transgender benefits - Discord will reimburse up to $20,000 for any procedure related to transition.
- Discord HQ - Our office is located in Potrero Hill, a little neighborhood in San Francisco near awesome coffee and food.
- Relocation - Excellent relocation bonuses for new hires moving to San Francisco (once it’s safe to return).
Company Core Values
- Upside Down Leadership
- Small & Mighty Teams
- Unleash Talent
- It’s a marathon, not a sprint