Principal Software Engineer, Container Platform
Posted on 3/18/2022
Bellevue, WA, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- BS/CS, MS/CS or equivalent
- At least 10+ years experience in a software engineering platform team in a Cloud, SaaS environment and supporting mission critical services
- At least 5+ years in cloud computing (AWS, Azure or GCP)
- At least 5+ years experience in Kubernetes. Experience with Amazon EKS, AzureAKS or Google GKE highly desired
- Strong coding skills in Golang, Python, C++ or Java
- Experience with scaling a large-scale container platform and building fault-tolerant distributed systems for critical production applications
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP stack, load balancing, DNS and Linux systems
- Experience with coaching and mentoring mid-level engineers from different countries
- A think-big, positive and can-do attribute and a drive for solving complex and high-impacting problems
- Lead engineering efforts to innovate the platform to serve new applications
- Proactively identify areas of the platform which could become a source of issues for scalability, performance and stability and create plans to address them
- Collaborate with technical leaders from different teams to set direction for organization wide initiatives
- Provide technical oversights in team's key initiatives
- Serve as the technical domain expert for the team and work with product & engineering leaders to build roadmaps for the platform
- The position may require access to U.S. export-controlled technologies, technical data, or sensitive government data
- Employment with Snowflake is contingent on Snowflake verifying that you: (i) may legally access U.S. export-controlled technologies, technical data, or sensitive government data; or (ii) are eligible to obtain, in a timely manner, any necessary license or other authorization(s) from the U.S. Government to allow access to U.S. export-controlled technology, technical data, or sensitive government data
Data warehouse for the cloud
Snowflake has become a global force to help mobilize the world’s data. Snowflake enables thousands of organizations to have seamless access to explore, share, and unlock the true value of their data.
- We've got your back - We offer comprehensive health insurance plans, health savings accounts, robust retirement plans, and generous life and disability insurance.
- A Balanced Lifestyle - All Snowflakes have access to our weekly online lunch and learns, virtual workout classes, and ergonomic work-from-home equipment. We offer on-demand mental health and wellness programs to support our employees and their families.
- Your People Matter - Help offset the cost of growing your family with our fertility benefits and family planning resources. Count on our generous time-off and various leave plans for you to rest, refuel, and sustain a great work-life balance.
- Global Snowflake Team - No matter where you are in the world, we will get you connected and supported with a work-from-home setup.
- Treat Yourself - Personalize your Snowflake benefits by tapping into our employee discounts and pre-tax selections.
- Invest In Your Future - Eligible employees enjoy new hire equity, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), and a quarterly bonus or commission program.
- Put Customers First
- Integrity Always
- Think Big
- Be Excellent
- Make Each Other the Best
- Get It Done
- Own It
- Embrace Each Other's Differences