Product/Tech Lead Crypto Ops
Posted on 8/17/2022
- Get things done
- Experience running your own startup or high-growth organization
- Have 6-10 years of experience in, finance operations, fund administration, business operations & strategy, or management consulting
- Pride yourself in being a self-starter, thriving even without much direction
- Deep experience motivating and coordinating work across teams with different goals
- Possess a swiss army knife of skills that you can quickly bring to bear to tackle a variety of emerging challenges
- Execute quickly and have an ability to multi-task two or more complex efforts simultaneously
- Project management skills and ability to lead across a distributed set of stakeholders without direct ownership of resources
- Excellent organization skills
- Are a critical thinker
- Understand risks inherent to crypto networks
- You get a kick out of aligning first principle thinking and data insights to make good decisions and achieve great results
- Handle both complexity and ambiguity well
- Strong analytical, problem solving and interpersonal skills
- Proven effectiveness driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, leading cross-team programs to desired results, and managing risk
- Proactive systems thinker able to manage a high degree of complexity and to distill information, and able to think both strategically at a global level as well as effectively developing key processes
- Are a fabulous collaborator and communicator
- Exceptional communication skills with a bias to action, and are an agile and creative problem solver with an ability to build relationships, drive alignment, and collaborate across functions
- A rigorous, process-driven work style backed by an ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to rapidly gain / build trust and confidence of stakeholders
- Deliver and distribute information across multiple channels and mediums
- Are an optimist
- Cultivate a positive culture by passionately advocating for an inclusive and diverse working environment
- Familiarity and passion for open source
- Improve execution of Crypto Ops by driving / tracking key strategic initiatives collaborating dynamically across Tech, Finance, Legal, and IT teams
- Build scalable systems (modules) to automate crypto activities
- Conduct internal and external research to understand best practices for crypto and adopt traditional financial best practices to crypto
- Define and develop the tooling & processes to automate and improve crypto operations
- Chart a roadmap for adding new capabilities to the team - based on internal needs or external research
- Seek out and drive partnerships with third-party providers including custodians, exchanges, and other 3rd-party providers
- Pilot programs such as lending that resonate with the ecosystem and set them up for long-term success
- Administer disbursements end-to-end
- Perform trades with exchanges or OTC desks
- Streamline reporting: daily balances, inflows & outflows, vesting projections, wallets management, wallet reconciliations, and deliver transaction reports to crypto accountants, or accounting systems
- Manage wallet databases
- Build threat models, manage risk, and implement controls
- Experience with open source communities / projects, and distributed computing
- Experience with distributed orgs
- Background in software engineering
- MBA or other post-graduate qualification preferred, but not required
- Experience in management consulting
Open-source R&D lab with Web3 focus
Protocol Labs aims to make human existence orders of magnitude better through technology. The company is open-source research, development, and deployment laboratory, who's projects include IPFS, Filecoin, libp2p, and more.
- Parental leave
- Contributions to your retirement
- Competitive pay and unlimited time off
- For U.S.-based employees: platinum-level health, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family.
Company Core Values
- We are open source to the core: Open-source technology is at the core of all our projects and at the center of our philosophy.
- We are a global, remote workforce: Protocol Labs is a distributed company with no central office, working from home all over the world.
- We champion autonomy: We empower people to lead and take ownership of interesting, challenging problems.
- We welcome diverse ways of thinking: This is a team of talented, curious people of diverse backgrounds and unique perspectives.
- We are a startup lab:We mix fast-paced, growth-oriented startup culture, with deeply analytical, data driven research thinking.