Staff Release Manager– New Payment Flows
Posted on 4/14/2022
Austin, TX, USA
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree in computer science, Information Technology, or other technical discipline or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Enhance Release management process
- Coordinate the release scope with stakeholders
- Schedule the release communication meetings to discuss the release status with the team and find and remove roadblocks, if any
- Communicate the Release Communication on daily basis and call out the risks that can delay the release and manage them, such that the scope scheduled, and quality of the release is not affected
- Make sure that the release checklist is completed according to the road map / features
- Conduct Release Readiness huddle meetings, kickoff meetings, release status meetings, release lesson meetings and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Coordinate with Product Reliability Engineering (PRE) and Dev team to document for the implementation timelines / release schedule
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the release observations, deployment timelines and checklists
- Schedule and lead the deployment status calls (internal and external) and provide detail status to project stakeholders
- Maintain documentation related to release process, release callouts and notifications
- Track and improve the lesson learned points related to the release management. Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Release Manager must be confident enough to manage up and provide reporting as well as meeting updates technology management as well as business management
- Coordinate with PRE team to come up with Release dates as part of Release planning exercise (Major, Minor, Infra) considering global holidays
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks and issues
- Identify and manage dependencies and impacts
- Exercise independent judgment with minimal direction from supervisor
- Lead boldly and utilize hard and soft skills to influence participants of all levels towards the common goal
- Bachelor's degree (BS) in Computer Science or a related technical discipline. Advanced degree is a plus
- 8+ years of experience, as an Analyst, Technical Project/Program Manager or Developer, working with technical teams developing Enterprise class software applications
- Project management skills with good knowledge of presentation skills
- Strong knowledge of Project Management and SDLC principles and practices and agile frameworks
- Working knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle
- Experience in working of traditional agile methodologies, including Scrum, Waterfall, or Kanban
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills. A demonstrated ability to effectively document and communicate technical and business issues and solutions to appropriate organizational levels
- Ability to work with minimal guidance. Ability to prioritize work, multi-task and manage one's time
- Ability to thoroughly understand complex business and technical issues and influence decision making at all levels of the organization without formal reporting structure authority
- Strong leadership qualities and organizational skills as well as the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities, assignments, and roles
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.