Machine Learning Engineering Manager
Posted on 1/24/2023
- Have 5+ years of industry experience designing, building, evaluating, and maintaining robust and scalable production ML systems for document understanding, information retrieval, OCR, or a related domain
- Have 2+ years of management experience
- Have experience mentoring and/or building a team of engineers. We are looking for someone who can think long term about hiring and training
- Have experience partnering with a product manager
- Have a deep understanding of modern ML system design, from problem framing to deployment and monitoring in production
- An innovation oriented person who can come up with out-of-the-box solutions
- A thoughtful and collaborative code reviewer and teammate
- A highly organized and result-oriented
- Measure your professional success by your team's success
- Manage a dedicated team of Applied ML scientists and ML engineers who design, build and maintain state-of-the-art ML capabilities that power Kensho Extract and other document understanding products
- Ensure that the team builds production-ready modeling code that can be scaled out to large volume of data
- Apply creative thinking to solve complex modeling problems
- Collaborate with the product, go-to-market, and engineering leaders to define the team's strategic vision and the most promising problems to go after
- Grow, mentor, coach and develop your team members both professionally and technically
- Partner with our talent acquisition team to hire Applied ML scientists and ML engineers to expand the team
- Be ready to do hands-on work at up to 50% of your capacity, as well as give insightful code reviews and suggestions to the senior team members
Kenshoo is the global leader in agile marketing software.
Kensho is committed to creating a kind, diverse and equitable workplace, fostering a sense of belonging, and ensuring that the company is a place where employees can bring their whole selves to work. The company develops agile marketing software.
- Health - 100% employer-paid insurance that covers you and your family... and more
- Wellness - 26 weeks paid parental leave, flexible work hours... and more
- Growth - 6% 401K match, 20K tuition reimbursement, Knowledge Days... and more
Company Core Values
- Go Team - We put the team before ourselves. We aren’t selfish. We disagree but commit.
- Empowerment - We prefer a flat hierarchy and don’t pay much attention to titles. We encourage intelligent risk-taking; we like action, and we don’t waste time.
- Inclusion - We encourage differences. We respect and seek out backgrounds and opinions that are different from our own.
- Open Communication - We default to openness and happily acknowledge and embrace failures so we can learn from them.
- Pursuit of Excellence - We never sacrifice our high bar and optimize under the assumption that quality work hours from the best people are the scarcest resource.