Principal Support Engineer
Posted on 2/2/2022
Remote • New York, NY, USA
Google Cloud Platform
- 5+ years experience providing white glove service in a Premium Support or TAM capacity
- Lifetime learner, self-motivated with ability to multi-task during high pressure situations
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of relational database fundamentals and operations
- Authentication and security configuration and tuning (LDAP, Kerberos, SSL/TLS, second priority: SSO/OAuth/OIDC, Ranger/Sentry)
- Java troubleshooting, e.g., collection and evaluation of jstacks, heap dumps
- Linux, including application installation, scripting, basic command line
- Docker and Kubernetes configuration and troubleshooting, including Helm charts, storage options, logging, and basic kubectl CLI
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Serve as primary technical contact for named accounts that subscribe to Premier Support
- Provide empirical technical guidance to allow your customers to make informed decisions for long-term health. Initiate and recommend consulting, training and on-site visits
- Function as the escalation point of contact, handle strategic tickets and critical/important issues
- Manage the day-to-day aspects of support cases, incidents, and escalations for named accounts. Ensure issues have the appropriate focus and are resolved as expediently as possible
- Leverage strong triaging skills to reproduce, troubleshoot and solve highly challenging technical issues
- Provide RCA (Root Cause Analysis) Reports for P0/Blockers issues and mitigation plans to avoid such scenarios in the future
- Develop a detailed understanding of and document customer's needs and existing Dremio deployments, providing advice and proactive support that reflects their unique requirements
- Drive visibility into account health and current status; documenting customer engagement, implementation, and critical issues through internal customer account books
- Build center of excellence teams within customer organizations, training them on Dremio products and solutions, providing best practices, proactive guidance, and ongoing technical advice and support, to ensure self reliance and increased adoption
- Advocate for customer needs, interfacing with product and engineering teams on their behalf
- Contribute to internal technical projects, including software development of support tools, performance benchmarking, and building documentation and training guides
- Up to 10% travel to customer sites will be required in conjunction with premium responsibilities
Data lake engine
Dremio’s leading the way to reimagine your data architecture. Removing barriers, accelerating time to insight, putting control in the hands of the user.
- Health, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
- Work From Home
- Office Events
- Parental Leave Benefits
- Paid Time Off
Company Core Values
- Communicate with clarity.
- Drive accountability.
- Be respectful.
- Confront brutal facts.
- Focus on results.
- Operate with urgency.
- Build a flywheel.