Ambiq has been on a singular mission since 2010 to put intelligence everywhere by creating the most energy-efficient semiconductor solutions for IoT endpoint devices. Using the revolutionary Subthreshold Power Optimized Technology (SPOT®) Platform, Ambiq’s record-breaking ultra-low power solutions, including MCU and SoCs, have helped global device makers deliver more than 150 million products with advanced features, enhanced performance, and extended battery life.
With a leading market share in wearables at the speed of shipping 1 million units per month, Ambiq is now expanding its impact on novel endpoint products such as hearables, smart home automation, industrial IoT preventive monitoring, and more.
Our innovative and fast-moving teams of research, development, production, marketing, sales and operations are spread across several continents, including the US (Austin and San Jose), Taiwan (Hsinchu), China (Shenzhen and Shanghai), Japan (Tokyo), and Singapore. We value continued technology innovation, fanatical attention to customer needs, collaborative decision making, and, above all, enthusiasm for energy efficiency. We embrace candidates who also share these same values. The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and comfortable learning and driving exciting new technologies. We encourage and nurture an environment for growth and opportunities to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects that will create a lasting impact. Come join us on our quest for 100 billion devices. The endpoint intelligence revolution starts here.
As the HR Operations lead at Ambiq, you will drive the development and implementation of HR policies, procedures, and systems to ensure an effective, efficient, and compliant HR function. It’s an especially exciting time to join Ambiq in this role because we are in the process of implementing a global HRIS. As the leader of HR Operations, you will play a critical role in ensuring the adoption of the HRIS.
This role is a member of the HR Leadership Team, reporting directly to the head of HR and will work closely with the executive, finance and legal teams.
- Lead the adoption of a new global HRIS.
- Develop and manage HR systems: payroll, benefits, 401k, etc.
- Facilitate benefits open enrollment annually and gather feedback from employees to ensure competitive plans are in place.
- Partner closely with finance to administer payroll and state and federal tax filings.
- Oversee and manage employee leaves of absence; STD and LTD; remote employees work location changes and any respective benefit and/or tax implications are accounted for and communicated appropriately.
- Oversee immigration processes with external counsel and ensure process is managed efficiently.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of employee data, including employee records and HR reporting.
- Develop actionable metrics, KPIs, and reporting for executives to make informed talent decisions.
- Develop and implement HR policies and procedures that align with the organization’s mission, vision, and values.
- Manage the HR operations budget, ensuring efficient use of resources.
- Oversee and manage HR compliance with local, state, and federal employment laws and regulations.
- Lead employee relations activities, including managing employee grievances and complaints.
- Manage an efficient employee performance management process.
- Partner closely with the APAC HR Director to ensure policies and procedures are as globally consistent as possible with the US.
- Provide business partner support as needed to the executive team.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, business administration, or related field.
- At least 12 years of progressive experience in HR operations, Prior start-up experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of HR policies, procedures, compliance, immigration, and best practices.
- Demonstrated experience in HR compliance, payroll administration, and HRIS management.
- Program Management experience preferred.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others, regardless of differing work styles.
- Ability to work in ambiguity and adjust to frequent changes.
- Highly resourceful, with strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Experience working with a PEO preferred.
Key Personal and Professional Attributes
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, creative, and should be comfortable working in the gray. The HR function was established less than 2 years ago and someone who joins the team should be able to quickly integrate and build processes and programs from the ground up. This is an opportunity for growth and an opportunity to work on complex, interesting, and challenging projects.
Most importantly, the successful candidate will be able to live the Ambiq Shared Values:
- Innovate: We tenaciously find ways to break down the barriers to possible
- Collaborate: We proactively communicate and encourage each other to be better.
- Focus: We keep the voice of the customer at the center of everything we do.
- Learn: We strive for continuous improvement and are always curious.
- Achieve: We execute on quality and follow through on our commitments.
We value your privacy. Click here to learn more.