Posted on 8/4/2022
San Jose, CA, USA • Remote in USA
- 13+ years experience in some combination of strategic partnerships, finance, consulting, product management, investment banking, or business operation
- 7+ years of experience of managing high performing teams in a highly complex environment
- Significant experience in bank payment network, credit/debit card and related payment network partnerships and operations; Previous experience working with a technology/software company or with an understanding of the various corporate and business cultures within the region
- A very high EQ, empathy and self-awareness. It is not about you, it is about the team, the company and our customers
- An understanding of product strategy and key requirements for scaling products and operations through partnerships
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing global, high performing teams, mentoring individuals and developing leaders. Including defining the team's operating cadence, goals and norms aligned with Circle's principles and overarching mission and strategy
- Ability to handle projects with multiple work streams, with proven leadership success over a wide variety of business problems. Ability to structure, manage, and coordinate complex cross-enterprise projects and processes with multiple stakeholders
- Displays initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of business managers. S/he must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
- Experience taking detailed information and synthesizing to create executive level presentations
- Aspirations to go beyond finance and understanding every part of the business
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, economics or closely related field
- Build, evaluate and manage existing financial partnerships that help deepen Circle's product stack and broaden Circle's global reach
- Oversee identification, negotiation and execution of partnership opportunities and commercial discussions to enable our fiat capabilities
- Manage our partnership framework and operational strategy across regions
- Drive the strategy and lead partner negotiations with at-scale impact to Circle, helping to enable new product launches or support new business initiatives
- Be the bridge between financial partners and internal teams to guide strategic initiatives and projects
- Communicate a deep understanding of Circle's partners across the company
- Recruit and manage a high performing team, mentoring individuals and developing leaders. Define the team's operating cadence, goals and norms aligned with Circle's principles and overarching mission and strategy
- Nurture deep, trusted partnerships with teams across Circle to shape decision-making
- Multi Stakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.