Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Axon is seeking an experienced Packaging Operations Manager who loves everything packaging. You will be responsible for overseeing the full lifecycle of packaging development, from initial brief to production to launch. This role will be reporting into the Director of Distribution. You will manage the packing engineer, packaging team and collaborate with Product Development, Facility Operations and Logistics. Our ideal candidate is organized, proactive and loves collaborating cross-functionally to deliver quality packaging for our quality products.
What You’ll Do
Location: Scottsdale, AZ
Reports to: Senior Manager, TASER and Packaging Operations
Direct Reports: 10-25
- Oversee every stage of the packaging development process (for existing and new SKUs), from concept to sourcing to launch, ensuring cross-functional alignment throughout the design and development phases
- Partner with existing vendors and source new suppliers to maximize margin targets, quality expectations and timely delivery to facilities for launch
- Maintain accurate specifications for packaging materials and SOPs
- Manage all packaging timelines and processes, especially as it relates to internal and external partners
- Streamline workflow, maximize efficiencies, and drive cost saving initiatives as it relates to packaging
- Ensure creative and samples are approved by all necessary internal stakeholders
- Collaborate with Packaging Engineer during initial concepting and creative review meetings
- Apply and enforce packaging compliance rules regulations across multiple states for firearms
- Create, maintain, and optimize packaging forecasts that coincide with production targets, while optimizing proper packaging material stock levels across all product categories
- Interacts with Supply Chain, Planning, Purchasing, Regulatory and Sales as required to direct the daily packaging of products to ensure it is done in a safe and timely fashion
- Ensures all packaging operations are completed with validated procedures
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s of Science in Packaging Science, Supply Chain Management, or equivalency required
- 5+ years managing packaging lifecycle for multiple SKUs, preferably within the firearm industry, directly managing projects and owning deliverables preferred
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills, Communication Skills, Time Management Skills and Self-Motivation
- Knowledgeable of sustainable packaging options and material recycling guidelines
- Must have complete understanding of the function and operation of the packaging and shipping & receiving department
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 70,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 140,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 80,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 160,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits (http://www.axon.com/careers/benefits).
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.