Data Engineer, Big Data – Senior Consultant Level
Posted on 4/12/2022
San Carlos, CA, USA
- Define and deliver high quality code for features and bug fixes working independently
- Enhance and support production systems
- Follows established software development guidelines and Visa security standards
- Build and maintain relationships with the agile team, the user community, architects, and support teams to understand requirements and implement effective solutions
- Work closely with the development team to implement the required solutions following agile practices
- Identify opportunities for further enhancements and refinements to standards and processes
- Keep up with industry in terms of technology and best practices and help drive innovation internally
- Support and coach junior engineers
- 8 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or at least 5 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 2 years of work experience with a PhD
- 5+ years working with Big Data technologies such as Hive, YARN and Spark
- 2+ years working with public cloud technologies such as AWS + Snowflake or Google + BigQuery
- Excellent Java and Python programming skills
- Experience working in an Agile environment with good software development practices such as CI/CD, code reviews and test automation
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong attitude towards getting things done while maintaining regard for code quality
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- 9 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or 7 or more relevant years of experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 3 or more years of experience with a PhD
- Familiarity with Kubernetes
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Experience with implementing and supporting real-time systems in production handling tens of thousands of events per seconds is a plus
- Experience with implementing high performing and scalable micro-services
- Experience with RDBMS and NoSQL databases like MySQL, DB2, Redis and Cassandra
- Experience with public cloud services - AWS, Azure and data manipulation technologies like Snowflake
Leading credit card company
Visa's mission is to remove barriers and connect more people to the global economy. The company provides end-to-end financial infrastructure.
- Health Insurance.
- Life Insurance.
- Dental Insurance.
- Disability Insurance.
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment Insurance.
- Integrity: Doing well by doing right.
- People: Behind payments are people.
- Innovation: Pioneering with a purpose.
- Clients: Keeping clients in focus.
- Collaboration: Pulling ahead by pulling together.