Director of Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Remote in USA
- Desire to engage with customers and follow the product development lifecycle
- Experience in crafting and improving product and engineering strategy
- Passion to make an outstanding experience through the products your teams build
- Proficiency in leading teams of developers to deliver on objectives and grow their skills
- Expertise in turning technical requirements, designs, trade-offs, and capabilities into clear decisions
- Well developed leadership skill to communicate decisions across multiple teams in a timely manner
- Track record of successfully growing leaders in management as well as individual contributor roles
- Redefine the vision, strategy and roadmap for a modern, simple and friendly inner loop for developers at Affirm
- Provide leadership and oversight over 2 to 3 engineering teams in the US and Poland
- Partner with Product, ML, and Infrastructure engineering to understand the experiences and needs of their team's edit/test/debug cycle
- Stay on top of industry trends for developer efficiency and cross-pollinate those ideas and processes with Affirm's development processes
- Cultivate an environment of technical excellence, humility, and continual improvement to form a team that can successfully take on complex challenges across multiple technical domains
- Expand the engineering organization by attracting, hiring, and retaining a diverse and exceptional group of engineers and foster inclusivity and belonging
Point of sale installment loans for consumers
Affirm seeks to deliver honest financial products—to improve lives. The company operates a buy-now-pay-later platform for consumers at the point of sale.
- Spending wallets: Access tech, food, lifestyle, and family planning wallets for your expenses
- Supportive communities: Get involved with our employee resource groups and community groups
- Remote-first workforce: If your role is remote, you can set up shop anywhere in your home country
- Generous time off: Take the time you need when life happens
- Health benefits: Get a plan that fits your needs
- Mental healthcare: Take care of your mind with great mental health programs
- Parental leave: Birth and non-birth parents get 18 weeks paid leave. Plus, a 4-week return-to-work transition program, at full base pay.
- Compensation: We have a simple, flexible, and transparent remote-first compensation structure so you can make the best decisions for yourself and your family.
- Away days: We offer 24 company-wide paid days off—which help our teams collectively pause to recharge.
- Learning & development: Engage in exciting learning programs to level up your growth.
Company Core Values
- People come first: We consider our impact on people’s lives before we think about our own interests.
- No fine print: We are completely transparent and honest—with our customers and with each other.
- It's on us: We take full accountability for our actions, never shirking responsibility or passing the buck.
- Simpler is better: We make complex things simple and clear.
- Push the envelope: We never stop innovating, taking smart risks, and raising the bar.