Staff Electrical Design Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Palo Alto, CA, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering (or related fields) or Master's degree with 1+ years experience or 5-7 years of relevant work experience
- Deep understanding of SoC architecture
- Experience in software integration a plus
- Excellent communication skills to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Understanding of electrical design methodologies
- Strong fundamentals in signal and power integrity
- Experience in fault analysis of circuit designs
- Design for EMI/EMC and root cause analyses
- Proficiency in schematic capture and design layout tools
- Hands on experience with design, test & validation of complex electrical systems involving 16/32-bit microcontroller platforms
- Understanding of ISO26262 processes
- Software experience
- Experience using simulation tools such as MATLAB or PSpice for worst case circuit analyses
- Experience designing FPGAs
- Usage of safety analysis tools
- Low level circuit design of vehicle electronics incorporating safety architectures
- Collaborate with reliability and functional safety teams to create and review DFMEA, PFMEA, FTA, and FMEDA analyses
- Support high speed design, thermal strategy, layout constraints, EMI/EMC optimization, PI/SI, and mechanical integration
- Work cross-functionally with Hardware, Software and architecture teams to support SoC selection and architecture definition
- Create and document the hardware safety requirements
- Develop elaborate safety validation plans with test cases for the various safety critical vehicle electronic subsystems, facilitate testing and review/approve the validation test reports
- Coordinate with software teams to ensure hardware and software integration requirements are implemented correctly at all levels of the stack, on the bench and within the system
- Participate and guide the integration of core platform ECUs into the overall vehicle platform
- Identify and implement process improvements that allow for agile development while maintaining engineering rigor
- Partner with hardware & software teams to reach effective solutions to complex hardware meeting functional safety requirements
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team