Sr. Software Engineer
Wireless MAC/PHY Engineering
Posted on 5/11/2022
Redmond, WA, USA • Mountain View, CA, USA
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering or 2+ years of professional experience in software development in lieu of degree
- 5+ years of professional development experience in C/C++
- 2+ years of professional development experience for wireless communications or other real-time application
- Master's degree in computer science, computer engineering, electrical engineering
- Professional experience with embedded Linux C/C++ software development, specific to communications protocols
- Professional experience in any of the L1, L2, L3 protocol stack layers in wireless broadband access technologies such as: 5G-NR, LTE, UMTS, Wi-Fi, or satellite broadband
- Experience modeling, designing, and validating wireless MAC-layer protocol software
- Knowledge of at least one wireless protocol technology or standard, such as 5G-NR, LTE, or Wi-Fi, with an in-depth understanding of MAC/PHY aspects
- Experience with, or interest in, owning project outcomes
- Must be able to work onsite in Mountain View, CA, Irvine, CA, or Redmond, WA
- Must be able to work extended hours and weekends as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Design, implement, test, maintain, and document wireless MAC/PHY software for SpaceX satellite communication networks
- Design and implement MAC layer wireless algorithms to improve link efficiency, such as uplink and downlink link adaptation, power control, and scheduling enhancements
- Scale MAC layer algorithms from a single beam to hundreds of beams on a single satellite
- Lead analysis and debugging of complex cross-layer MAC/PHY issues throughout all stages of development, test, and deployment
- Work with PHY layer and wireless protocol software teams to integrate MAC/PHY software into the rest of the system
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.