NDE Level II Technician
Posted on 3/21/2023
West Athens, CA, USA
- NDE level II certification in line with ASNT-TC-1A, NAS-410, or DOD guidance in ultrasonic (UT) including phased array ultrasonic (PAUT)
- 2+ years of experience as a level II NDE/NDT inspector
- NDE level II certification in line with ASNT-TC-1A guidance in eddy current (ET) and dye penetrant (PT)
- Operational experience of utilizing PAUT systems for the inspection of weldments
- Knowledge of Olympus Tomoview software
- Hands on experience using portable digital equipment such as Olympus EPOCH 600
- Knowledge of Uniwest/Nortec eddy current machines or equivalent
- Knowledge of AMS, AWS/ASME, ASTM
- Basic computer skills: Microsoft applications - word, power point, excel
- Must be able to lift 25 lbs unassisted, bend, stretch, stand for extended periods of time, climb stairs, reach, twist, sit, walk, and/or run
- Must be willing to work overtime and on weekends if needed
- Must be able to travel up to 25% to various SpaceX sites
- Ability to pass Air Force background checks for Cape Canaveral and Vandenberg
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Perform volumetric NDE inspections with advanced phased array ultrasonics: triple transducer crawler arrangement
- Interpret, evaluate, communicate and report findings to production and engineering
- Interpret and review engineering drawings as required
- Support the development of NDE inspection techniques for complex geometries
- Assist in training and developing others within the team
- Support research and development in to full matrix capture phased array ultrasonic for operational improvement and optimization
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.