Matterport, Inc. (Nasdaq: MTTR) is leading the digital transformation of the built world. Our groundbreaking spatial data platform turns buildings into property intelligence data to make nearly every space more valuable and accessible. Millions of buildings in more than 177 countries have been transformed into immersive Matterport digital twins to improve every part of the building lifecycle from planning, construction, and operations to documentation, appraisal and marketing. Learn more at matterport.com
and browse a gallery of digital twins.
About the Role:
Reporting to the Head of Growth Engineering, you will be growing Matterport’s presence in a variety of vertical markets by implementing features and workflows that delight our customers. Vertical markets, such as Residential and Commercial Real Estate, Insurance, Retail, Travel and Hospitality, are eager to leverage the power of a building digital twin. You will help to make that happen by collaborating with product management, product design, business development and the rest of Matterport engineering.
What you will do (this team’s goal is to quickly deliver high value features and workflows to our vertical customers; near term opportunities include:):
- Reporting functionality to increase the value of Matterport datafication efforts.
- Bi-directional integration between Matterport’s Digital Twin and other applications, such as BIM Design, Facilities Management and Interior Design products
- Geometric and visual workflow to check compliance between as-built and as-designed buildings.
- Augmented and Virtual Reality scenarios
- Integrating feedback from iOT devices into a building Digital Twin.
- Writing database queries to trigger targeted downstream events.
- Work with multiple internal stakeholders to define and manage team projects
- New innovative ideas as this team, along with collaborators from across the company become more familiar with how to apply Matterport’s revolutionary technology to the needs of our customers.
Who you are (the successful candidate will possess many of the following attributes):
- 5+ years of software development experience or 5+ years with an advanced degree in a relevant field
- Technical leader of multiple projects, including directing the efforts of teams of other engineers
- Experience in rapidly creating prototypes to satisfy business requirements
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, sometimes ambiguous environment
- Comfortable communicating with internal stakeholders and customers as needed
- Proven track record of innovation
- Creating integrated enterprise workflows leveraging APIs and Events across multiple products.
- Experience developing extensions to BIM, CAD and GIS software products
- Expertise in 3D Geometry, Textures and Tooling
- Data science and analytics
- An understanding of the similarities and differences between 3D Formats such as OBJ, FBX, 3DS, gITF, RVT, IFC
We want to hear from you! We are looking to build the best team of people who will be empowered to do their best work. If you have what it takes, but don’t necessarily meet every bullet in the job description we encourage you to apply.
US based Matterport employees who travel for work, attend employee gatherings or work onsite at any of our offices are required as a condition of employment to be vaccinated against COVID 19. Proof of full vaccination including Booster will be required, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $102,900 to $200,200 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Perks & Benefits
- Comprehensive health plans – 100% of premiums covered for employees. (90% of family premiums)
- Flexible Time Off for Exempt Employees/Generous PTO plan for Non-Exempt Employees – Take time to rest, relax and explore! Plus we offer Summer Fridays!
- 401k, Company ownership in the form of RSU’s & ESPP Program
- Continuing Education & Commuter Benefits
- For more detail visit www.matterport.com/careers * Medical and retirement benefits vary by Country
Belief in Diversity
At Matterport, we don’t just accept differences, we celebrate them and recognize the value they bring to our customers and employees. Matterport is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and works to create and support diversity at Matterport. Equal opportunity and consideration are afforded to all qualified applicants and employees. We won’t unlawfully discriminate on the basis of gender, identity or expression, race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, and any other category protected by law. We are committed to providing employees with a work environment that provides a sense of inclusion and belonging and is free of discrimination and harassment. We also consider all qualified candidates regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Matterport is likewise committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to all qualified applicants and employees with disabilities in accordance with the American Disabilities Act