Front-End Software Engineer
Grammarly for Developers
Posted on 7/29/2022
Remote • United States
Data Structures & Algorithms
- Embodies our EAGER values-is ethical, adaptable, gritty, empathetic, and remarkable
- Is able to collaborate in person 2-4 weeks per quarter, traveling if necessary to the hub where the team is based
- Has 3+ years of experience working on a popular OSS project, developer platform, highly scalable consumer product, or enterprise SaaS product
- Has a good knowledge of computer-science fundamentals, algorithms, and data structures
- Has experience working on fast-paced teams
- Cares about the end-user experience and strives to ensure high quality
- Has-as a bonus-experience supporting a developer community
- Has-also as a bonus-experience addressing feature requests and bug reports
- Be responsible for shipping Grammarly platform features from conception to design, prototype, implementation, and launch
- Build a delightful developer-platform experience comprising effective landing pages, easy-to-use integration configuration panels, informative documentation portals, and insightful dashboards
- Build protective measures against API misuse and incorporate rigorous security controls to protect end users' data
- Work closely with partners to understand requirements, brainstorm, and prototype solutions
- Join a new team and focus on building solutions for a new market segment
- Have the unique opportunity to help build the Grammarly for Developers Engineering team from the ground up through interviewing, onboarding, and mentoring new team members
- Help establish long-term relationships between Engineering teams at Grammarly and partner companies
- Work with back-end and infrastructure technologies
- Create an engineering culture with a strong emphasis on documentation, testing, and user experience
AI-powered writing assistant
Grammarly is on a mission to improve lives by improving communication. The company operates a browser extension and app that corrects spelling & grammar.
- Free food
- Company Social Outings
- Work From Home Policy
- Unique Office Space
- Health & Wellness Package
- Paid Time Off
- 401K / Retirement Plan
Company Core Values
- Ethical: Be honorable and earn trust by doing the right thing even when no one is watching, every time.
- Adaptable: Embrace change to evolve and succeed, with a positive, problem-solving attitude.
- Gritty: Achieve with passion and perseverance for goals, by doing whatever it takes to get the job done, whenever it’s necessary.
- Empathetic: Treat others as they want to be treated to work well together, by actively listening to put yourself in their shoes and then responding accordingly.
- Remarkable: Always be learning to develop quickly and be exceptional yet humble, by continually seeking out mentors and learning opportunities.