Join Axon and be a Force for Good.
At Axon, we’re on a mission to Protect Life. We’re explorers, pursuing society’s most critical safety and justice issues with our ecosystem of devices and cloud software. Like our products, we work better together. We connect with candor and care, seeking out diverse perspectives from our customers, communities and each other.
Life at Axon is fast-paced, challenging and meaningful. Here, you’ll take ownership and drive real change. Constantly grow as you work hard for a mission that matters at a company where you matter.
Simply put, in this role you will be part of a team that augments and supplements Conducted Electric Weapons (CEWs) at Axon. Your insights and expertise will turn the visions of Taser Product Definers into prototype hardware that create a more robust, reliable device for personal and agency use world-wide. These products will be used in both training and tactical environments. Once defined, you will lead a team of exceptionally talented engineers bringing the product just defined into existence, providing a world class Taser to help “end the bullet”.
What You’ll Do
Location: Scottsdale, AZ office 5 days a week, with occasional travel
Reports to: Sr Manager, De-Escalation Devices
- Interface with multiple teams across Axon to develop the system level requirements for Low Volume (LV) products
- Propose a solution to an as of yet unsolved problem in the field of De-Escalation Devices
- Perform sufficient analysis, simulation, and modeling to support the solution with (SP) builds
- Drive component selection based on reliability and analysis
- Develop test plans based on the product and system level requirements
- Develop and release any code needed for the product
- Act as Subject Matter Expert as the program transitions from SP to production
What You’ll Bring
- The ability to responsibility and ownership of your tasks and deliverables
- Self-starter mentality. The ability to work with limited oversight
- Communication skills. The ability to present in front of management and senior management levels
- A team player mentality
- Ability to act with a sense of urgency
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 10+ years of product design experience in consumer electronic products
- Experience developing Proof-of-Concept hardware to demonstrate emerging technologies
- Expertise in using laboratory instruments, including but not limited to, multi-meters, oscilloscopes, waveform generators, hi-pot testers, LCR meters, and source meters
- Experience with PCB/PCBA flex circuit mechanical integration
- Proficient with schematic capture tools (Cadence, Eagle, Mentor, Altium)
- Proficient in developing and coding embedded, bare silicon micro-controller based systems
- Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with peers in a candid cross-functional team culture
- Ability to collaborate with peers in a candid cross functional team culture
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high technology environment with tight deadlines
- Experience / Exposure in the design of:
- DC-DC converters
- BlueTooth Low Energy (BLE) systems
- Passive analog components
- Flex, Rigid Flex, and Rigid PCBA Electronics
- GIT repository or similar services
- Bare silicon compilers / PSOC IDE
- PCB Layout tools (Altium, Allegro, Eagle)
- Analog and digital signal processing concepts
- Ability to develop relevant test procedures and criteria to validate engineering designs
Benefits that Benefit You
- Competitive salary and 401k with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Paid parental leave for all
- Medical, Dental, Vision plans
- Fitness Programs
- Emotional & Mental Wellness support
- Learning & Development programs
- And yes, we have snacks in our offices
Benefits listed herein may vary depending on the nature of your employment and the location where you work
The Pay: Axon is a total compensation company, meaning compensation is made up of base pay, bonus, and stock awards. The starting base pay for this role is between USD 100,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 150,000 in the highest geographic market. The on target earnings range for this role is between USD 120,000 in the lowest geographic market and USD 180,000 in the highest geographic market. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as: level, function, training, transferable skills, work experience, business needs, geographic market, and often a combination of all these factors. Our benefits offer an array of options to help support you physically, financially and emotionally through the big milestones and in your everyday life. To see more details on our benefits offerings please visit www.axon.com/careers/benefits
Don’t meet every single requirement? That’s ok. At Axon, we Aim Far. We think big with a long-term view because we want to reinvent the world to be a safer, better place. We are also committed to building diverse teams that reflect the communities we serve.
Studies have shown that women and people of color are less likely to apply to jobs unless they check every box in the job description. If you’re excited about this role and our mission to Protect Life but your experience doesn’t align perfectly with every qualification listed here, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be just the right candidate for this or other roles.
The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all duties, responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. The job description may change or be supplemented at any time in accordance with business needs and conditions.
Some roles may also require legal eligibility to work in a firearms environment.
Axon’s mission is to Protect Life and is committed to the well-being and safety of its employees as well as Axon’s impact on the environment. All Axon employees must be aware of and committed to the appropriate environmental, health, and safety regulations, policies, and procedures. Axon employees are empowered to report safety concerns as they arise and activities potentially impacting the environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer that promotes justice, advances equity, values diversity and fosters inclusion. We’re committed to hiring the best talent — regardless of race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances — and empowering all of our employees so they can do their best work. If you have a disability or special need that requires assistance or accommodation during the application or the recruiting process, please email [email protected]. Please note that this email address is for accommodation purposes only. Axon will not respond to inquiries for other purposes.