RF – Intern
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Francisco, CA, USA
- Passion for hardware development, including working in a fast-paced environment and hands-on design and development
- Deep knowledge of basic RF concepts, such as transmission lines, impedance matching, filter design, and active RF circuits
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and testing RF hardware for microwave frequencies
- Experience with RF simulation tools (ADS or HFSS)
- Experience taking RF measurements with spectrum analyzers, signal generators, network analyzers, etc
- US Citizenship or Green Card
- 40 hours per week minimum
- Must be onsite in San Francisco 3 days a week minimum
- Don't meet them all? Not a problem. Please apply even if you do not meet all these criteria
- Design, simulate, implement, and measure passive/active RF sub-systems at microwave frequencies, including; LNAs, power amplifiers, up/down convertors, filters, oscillators, etc
- Integrate these systems into the spacecraft by working closely with the rest of the team
- Antennas and Electromagnetics propagation knowledge and background
- Experience with Software Defined Radios (SDR)
- Experience with PCB design using Altium or similar schematic and layout tools
- Experience with Python (or other object-oriented programming language)
- Experience automating RF measurements
Next generation internet satellites
Astranis' mission is to help get online the 4 billion people who are without internet access.
- An equity stake in the company.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Healthy, delicious, free lunch catered in every day.
- Complementary OneMedical membership.
- Great office chairs, stand-up desks, and a machine shop.
- Reimbursement to spend on commuting from outside SF
- Generous, fully-paid parental leave.
Company Core Values
- Master Your Craft - We take pride in our work and go the extra mile.
- Step Up - We are unapologetically ambitious and take on great responsibility.
- Assume Good - We assume the best of intentions and communicate with kindness and candor.
- Stay Curious - We seek out new knowledge and are happy to teach others what we know.
- Space is Hard - We are resilient in the face of adversity and get help when needed.
- Take the Time - We level up not just at work but beyond — mind, body, spirit, family, community.