AppOmni is looking for talented Software Engineers to join our rapidly growing engineering team.
As a Software Engineer on the Shared Platform engineering team, you will contribute directly to major components of AppOmni’s SaaS Security Posture Management (SSPM) platform. In collaboration with technical leadership, you will be responsible for design and development of major areas of the codebase that support security and compliance monitoring and management of SaaS platforms.
This position in a rapidly growing security engineering company is an opportunity to take ownership of significant engineering decisions and implementation of technology that will improve the security of not only enterprise SaaS deployments but their customers and end-users as well.
This role will focus on development of new cross-cloud security posture management features and the creation of APIs, shared libraries, and functionality that allows AppOmni customers to understand and improve the security of their business-critical SaaS deployments. Successful candidates for this role will have experience building and maintaining Python REST-based applications.
Your work will have direct and meaningful impact on securing our customers and their data - which may include your own data! These are challenging engineering problems in an exciting part of the security industry that do not yet have defined solutions. Successful candidates will have a history of strong problem solving skills and the ability to think creatively combined with top-notch engineering skills.
- A flexible, remote-first company, with
- A team of talented individuals who love answering questions, guided by
- A high bar for quality and commitment to self-improvement and personal growth, and
- An open mind for new ideas and methodologies, offering
- Competitive salary and benefit options, as well as
- Opportunities and support for massive career growth
- Excellent technical and non-technical communication skills
- A quality-oriented approach to building and testing applications including strong unit testing capabilities. Our engineers are expected to test their own code!
- At least 3 years of hands-on experience with Python 3 and Django
- At least 3 years of software engineering experience including object-oriented design, data structure design, and work on abstracted codebases
- An interest in data, security, and data security
- A knack for designing elegant solutions to complex problems requiring piecing together data from various sources
- Ability to work with and integrate external APIs
You might also have
- Experience with Django Rest Framework (DRF)
- Experience with Kubernetes, GKE, and Postgres
- Experience deploying and maintaining production applications in IaaS platforms
- Prior Application, Product, or Enterprise Security experience
- Experience writing integrations and/or connected apps for one or more of the following SaaS platforms:
- Salesforce, ServiceNow, NetSuite, Workday, Microsoft365, Atlassian
Technology you’ll work with
- Django Rest Framework
- Google Cloud Platform + Google Kubernetes Engine
This position can be fully remote or located in either of our two engineering offices:
- San Francisco Bay Area
- Carbondale, CO
We believe in cultivating excellence - within ourselves, and in the work that we do. Our team of customer-centric, data-driven experts are brought together by a shared passion to create tools for the greater good. We are determined to make a difference, to positively impact our way of life by securing the technology that is changing the world.
We believe in being a trusted and transparent partner to our customers, and we are fervent about providing them with high-quality, usable, and dependable software focused on the human experience, built out of a culture of coopetition and a deep understanding of their needs and goals.
We value passion, courage, and kindness. We also know that outstanding talent isn’t found in one location. Our team - veterans of cloud software, security startups, international travel brands, and some of the biggest giants in technology - spans from the mountains of Colorado to the skylines of San Francisco and New York City.
We value our people, and know that wellness and a healthy work/life balance enables them to thrive and bring us their best. Autonomous schedules, flexible commutes, and freedom from punching a clock means our team is empowered to enjoy life, work while inspired, and available when needed.
AppOmni is a leading provider of SaaS Security Management software. The company was founded by a team of security veterans from top SaaS providers and cybersecurity vendors, and its customer base includes global leaders across technology, healthcare, banking, and finance as well as many of the most well-known cybersecurity providers.
AppOmni’s patented technology scans APIs, security controls, and configuration settings to compare the current state of enterprise SaaS deployments against best practices and business intent. The solution offers fast deployment, instant visibility, and makes it easy for security and IT teams to secure their entire SaaS environment from each vendor to every end user. As SaaS applications evolve, AppOmni stays current with all updates and releases to keep customer environments secure over time.