Network Security Operations Support Intern
Posted on 4/4/2023
- Actively pursuing a bachelor's degree in Cybersecurity, Information Security, Computer Science, Information Technology, or other related degree, and have completed at least three years of an undergraduate curriculum
- Basic understanding of networking principals
- Basic understanding of security principals
- Ability to work in a fast passed team
- Ability to multi-task
- This is a 100% Remote position; you'll need the discipline required to work from home without distraction
- U.S. Citizenship is required
- Learn the Palo Alto NextGen platform
- Learn Splunk! traffic log searching
- Prioritize requests, projects, and break fix responsibilities
- Work with requesters to implement, troubleshoot, and test firewall policies
- Project participation and tracking
- Assist neighboring teams
- 3.0 GPA
- Firewall experience (any platform)
- Security / Networking Professional Certifications
- Experience with log searching (network or server logs)
- Automation experience (Python or Ansible preferred)
Scientific & engineering systems integration service
Leidos’s mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through technology, engineering, and science. The company is a leader in systems integration and technical solutions while working closely with all branches of the U.S. military, the U.S. Department of Defense, other U.S. government civil agencies, and also customers in select markets across the globe.
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Health Savings account
- Income protection
- Paid parental leave
- Jury duty pay
- Bereavement leave
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Family Benefits
Company Core Values
- Integrity: Is having the courage to make tough ethical decisions, taking pride in our work, being transparent with our team, and being respectful of everyone.
- Inclusion: Is fostering a sense of belonging, welcoming all perspectives and contributions, and providing equal access to opportunities and resources for everyone.
- Innovation: Is not limited to our engineers and scientists. It is acting as a catalyst. Being tenacious and curious to help us excel and be a part of a learning organization.
- Agility: Is being flexible, creative, and resilient. It is our ability to think and act small while using the size and strength of our balance sheet to our advantage.
- Collaboration: Is being team-oriented and proactively engaging to meet shared objectives. It is about building relationships and staying connected with each other.
- Commitment: Is being accountable, taking ownership, modeling servant leadership, and operating with a sense of urgency to our customers and teams.