IT Systems Administrator
Posted on 4/10/2023
Cape Canaveral, FL, USA
Development Operations (DevOps)
- 4+ years of experience in IT systems administration
- Experience with Linux and Windows servers in physical and virtualized enterprise environments
- Experience with networking technologies and enterprise switch management
- Knowledge of network protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP), firewalls, and security technologies
- Python, Bash, PowerShell (or similar) scripting experience
- Familiarity with Active Directory and multi-platform authentication/identification environments
- Expertise in creating repeatable, reliable, scalable systems architectures, with high availability, fault tolerance, performance tuning, monitoring, and statistics/metrics collection
- Advanced networking experience in IPv4, switching, routing, firewalls and HA architecture
- Expert working knowledge, including the ability to setup, configure, upgrade, manage, and troubleshoot, Windows-based systems and services (i.e. SCCM, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
- Experience with Linux services such as MySQL, InfluxDB, Grafana, NGINX, Apache
- Experience with industrial control systems (PLCs, RIOS, DAQs, SCADA)
- Expertise in source code and version control tools
- Experience with configuration management, provisioning, infrastructure as code, and other DevOps concepts and tools
- Excellent communications skills with the ability to communicate with internal/external customers, vendors, management etc. in both formal and informal situations
- Active TS/SCI clearance
- Ability to pass DoD background check for launch site access
- Willing to work extended hours or weekends as necessary
- Willing to be on after-hours on-call rotation
- Willing to travel (up to 20%)
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Ensure the availability and health of mission-critical systems
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and resolve technical problems
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, and network issues
- Monitor and analyze system performance and implement performance improvements
- Develop and maintain documentation for IT systems, processes, and procedures
- Ensure that systems are configured and maintained in compliance with industry standards and regulations (e.g. ITAR, ISO, NIST)
- Exercise a high degree of responsibility for the processes, systems, and tools you create and manage; all supporting the goal of making humanity an interplanetary species
- Make recommendations, justify, and implement improvements using an accepted change control methodology
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.