New York, New York
6 month growth↑ 8%
1 year growth↑ 19%
2 year growth↑ 39%
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in the field of Gaming/VFX/IT or software development
- Experience with both Windows and Linux systems and command line
- Proficiency in modern languages, preferably Python and YAML
- Experience with distributed system and microservices architecture
- Maintain and support automation and scripting solutions to drive new capabilities, visibility and efficiency on projects that are needed in production
- Apply advanced technical knowledge for software engineering to support across project utilizing modern best practices
- Work with other teams to gather information about the issues they are having to help debug the problem
- Provides expertise to configure and maintain DevOps tools, to provide preventive rather than reactive actions
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana
- Ability to test and examine code written by others and analyze results
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins/Airflow/ArgoCD)
At Rockstar Games, we create world-class entertainment experiences.
A career at Rockstar Games is about being part of a team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn, and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
Rockstar Games is on the lookout for a passionate and talented Technical Artist to focus on maintenance of our systems and front-end communication with the other Technical Art teams. Working with our global studios, this is a full-time permanent position based out of Rockstar’s unique game development studio in the heart of Manhattan.
WHAT WE DO
- We deliver mostly 3rdparty software and infrastructure systems to all our Tech Art internal teams.
- Help maintain our current systems, review and identify areas of improvements.
- Work daily with our internal ticketing system to quickly resolve bugs and provide solutions for requested features/ideas.
- We are a team mostly situated in NYC, and we work closely together with IT and other Tech Art teams to provide the fastest and best solutions for other TA developers to achieve their goals to the highest and latest standards.
- Maintain and support automation and scripting solutions to drive new capabilities, visibility and efficiency on projects that are needed in production.
- Apply advanced technical knowledge for software engineering to support across project utilizing modern best practices.
- Work with other teams to gather information about the issues they are having to help debug the problem.
- Provides expertise to configure and maintain DevOps tools, to provide preventive rather than reactive actions.
- Minimum of 3+ years’ experience in the field of Gaming/VFX/IT or software development.
- Experience with both Windows and Linux systems and command line.
- Proficiency in modern languages, preferably Python and YAML.
- Experience with distributed system and microservices architecture.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team or individually as required.
- Excellent documentation skills with high attention to detail.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations as well as prioritizing the tasks.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical skills and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Understanding of metrics, monitoring, alarming and dashboarding concept.
- Openness to learning and development outside the current scope of knowledge.
- Passionate about DevOps methodology and “infrastructure as code”.
- Strong knowledge of Linux and Windows server configuration (Win 10+ and Ubuntu 20.04+).
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Windows server administration (networking and active directory).
- Containerization administration and configuration (Docker).
- Experience with databases (MongoDB, Postgres, Redis).
- Strong programming skills in Bash, PowerShell, Python.
- Experience with version control systems (Git Hub, Perforce).
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Knowledge of Kubernetes, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Ability to test and examine code written by others and analyze results.
- Knowledge of CI/CD pipeline (Jenkins/Airflow/ArgoCD).
HOW TO APPLY
Please apply with a resume and cover letter demonstrating how you meet the skills above. If we would like to move forward with your application, a Rockstar recruiter will reach out to you to explain next steps and guide you through the process.
Rockstar is committed to creating a work environment that promotes equal opportunity, dignity and respect. In line with this commitment, Rockstar will provide reasonable accommodations to qualified job applicants with disabilities during the recruitment process in order for such applicants to be considered for the position for which they are applying, as well as to qualified employees to enable them to perform the essential functions of their roles. If you need more information about Rockstar’s reasonable accommodation policies or process, or need to request an accommodation, please contact the Human Resources Department.
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we want to hear from you. We encourage applications from all suitable candidates regardless of age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, belief, race, or any other protected category.
The pay range for this position in New York State (inclusive of New York City) at the start of employment is expected to be between the range below* per year. However, base pay offered is based on market location, and may vary further depending on individualized factors for job candidates, such as job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and other objective business considerations. Subject to those same considerations, the total compensation package for this position may also include other elements, including a bonus and/or equity awards, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits. Details of participation in these benefit plans will be provided if an employee receives an offer of employment. If hired, employee will be in an "at-will position" and the company reserves the right to modify base salary (as well as any other discretionary payment or compensation or benefit program) at any time, including for reasons related to individual performance, company or individual department/team performance, and market factors.