Senior Hardware Engineer
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Space telecommunications company
E-Space is on a mission to build the world’s largest, most sustainable space-based network. E-Space is a global space company focused on bridging Earth and space with the most sustainable low earth orbit (LEO) network that is expected to reach over one hundred thousand multi-application communication satellites to help businesses and governments securely and affordably access the power of space to solve problems on Earth.
AI & Machine Learning
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 25%
1 year growth↑ 90%
2 year growth↑ 621%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering
- 3+ years of experience in electronics hardware design
- Experience with thermal design techniques
- Experience with the full V-Model design cycle
- Demonstrated success working in a dynamic environment
- Help define next generation satellite terminal equipment requirements
- Design specific modules for complex high-speed digital/analogue pre-production circuit boards
- Help procure and integrate evaluation modules and reference designs
- Design and build adaptation and break-out boards
- Work with the software development teams to verify processing performance
- Prepare comprehensive documentation for design reviews
- Effectively communicate technical information to diverse audiences
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Design experience with on-board high speed data buses
- VHDL/Verilog design experience
- Ability to write Python scripts
- Experience with EMC, Environmental, Reliability
- Experience with highly integrated multicore packet and baseband processors
- Understanding or direct experience on LEO satellite component development
Ready to make connectivity from space universally accessible, secure and actionable? Then you’ve come to the right place!
E-Space is bridging Earth and space to enable hyper-scaled deployments of space-powered Internet of Things (IoT) solutions and services. We are fundamentally changing the design, economics, manufacturing, coverage limitations and service delivery associated with traditional satellite and terrestrial IoT systems.
By building a highly-advanced low Earth orbit (LEO) space system—with a unique antenna design, highly sustainable spacecraft system and low-cost, small portable end-user devices—we can extend global satellite coverage, capacity and connectivity beyond legacy space services to provide a new kind of IoT platform that lets users sense, track, connect and act on information gathered, anywhere.
We’re intentional, we’re unapologetically curious and we’re 100% committed to saving space, protecting our planet and turning connectivity into actionable intelligence.
Why this role is important:
The Senior Hardware Engineer will actively contribute to the definition, systems engineering, and design of our next generation ground terminal architecture. The ideal candidate has held a similar role in a dynamic and innovative industrial organization, working in teams responsible for concept development and prototyping based on mission requirements. The candidate shall have some experience of the design cycle for highly complex communication boards, from concept to production. This position will report to the Systems Engineering and Advanced Projects leader and will work closely and cross-functionally with Mechanical, RF and Product teams. The successful candidate will preferably work in Loughborough, UK.
What you will do:
- Satellite Terminal Product Definition and Design:
- Help define next generation satellite terminal equipment requirements and conduct meticulous trade-offs.
- Design specific modules for complex high-speed digital/analogue pre-production circuit boards from datasheet to completion.
- Alongside the development teams, continue to contribute to problem solving with alternatives and feasibility studies.
- Prototyping and Testing:
- Help procure and integrate evaluation modules and reference designs to complete a proof-of-concept operation of the platform.
- Design and build adaptation and break-out boards to build demonstration platforms as a stepping stone to full product development.
- Identify and specify components and materials.
- Integration and Collaboration:
- Work with the software development teams to verify processing performance and memory bandwidth for the communications protocol stacks.
- Collaborate closely with international satellite development teams to maximise re-use and ensure compatibility.
- Documentation and Communication:
- Prepare comprehensive documentation for design reviews.
- Effectively communicate technical information to diverse audiences.
What you bring to this role:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Electronics/Telecommunication Engineering.
- To be thrilled to be a part of a multi-disciplined and multi-geographical team.
- Some experience of the design and development of complex communications systems.
- Design experience with complex microprocessor/DSP devices – working from supplier reference design and evaluation boards.
- 3+ years of experience in electronics hardware design including analysis, simulation, schematic capture, PCB layout, and testing.
- Design experience in the selection of components, taking into account not only the design specification, but also environmental, cost, EOL, lead time, etc.
- Low level power supply design experience, using simulation (LTspice) and knowledge of power managers and monitoring devices.
- Design experience of digital clocking and timing solutions.
- Design experience with low/medium speed data buses (e.g: I2C, SPI, LVDS, PECL, RS422, LAN etc).
- Design experience of schematic capture and layout of complex PCBs, using the Mentor or Altium Design tool.
- Experience performing circuit analysis using suitable simulation tools (e,g: SPICE etc).
- Hands-on attitude to problem-solving, using test equipment – Scopes, DSOs, DMMs, Soldering Iron, ENV chamber.
- Experience with thermal design techniques.
- Experience with the full V-Model design cycle, from requirement capture through to design verification.
- Demonstrated success working in a dynamic environment.
- Master’s degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- Design experience with on-board high speed data buses (e.g: PCIe, Serdes, JESD) – including analysis
- VHDL/Verilog design experience – to create CPLD/FPGA designs, including test bench validation.
- Ability to write Python scripts (or similar lower-level scripting) to aid testing and investigation.
- Design experience with ASIC designs.
- Experience designing rigid-flex PCBs and general electro-mechanical design familiarity.
- RF knowledge.
- Experience with EMC (Immunity and Emissions), Environmental (temp, shock, vibration), Reliability (MTBF, MTTF), FMECA.
- Experience with highly integrated multicore packet and baseband processors.
- We are doing exciting work with satellites, so candidates with and understanding or direct experience on LEO satellite component development, design and in-orbit activities will be viewed very positively.
We are doing exciting work with satellites, so candidates with and understanding or direct experience on LEO satellite component development, design and in-orbit activities will be viewed very positively.
Why E-Space is right for you:
We want you to make the most of your journey at E-Space. That’s why we support and invest in the physical, emotional and financial well-being of our team members and their families. Some of what you can expect when working at E-Space:
• An opportunity to really make a difference
• Sustainability at our core
• Fair and honest workplace
• Innovative thinking is encouraged
• Competitive salaries
• Continuous learning and development
• Health and wellness care options
• Financial solutions for the future