Updated on 11/30/2023
Designs user interfaces for top global companies
MetaLab is a leading interface design company that has been instrumental in creating user-friendly and engaging interfaces for globally recognized brands such as Slack, Coinbase, TED, Apple, Disney, and Google since 2006. The company's competitive advantage lies in its ability to design products and services that are not only visually appealing but also intuitive and enjoyable to use, setting a high standard in the industry. MetaLab's culture encourages collaboration and creativity, offering opportunities for employees to contribute to high-impact projects and shape the digital experiences of billions of users worldwide.
Growth & Insights
6 month growth↑ 15%
1 year growth↑ 6%
2 year growth↑ 22%
Adobe After Effects
UI/UX & Design
- 5+ years of product design experience at a digital product agency or consultancy, ideally in a lead role.
- Demonstrated mastery of UI/UX principles, best practices, and common design tools (read: Figma). Bonus points for interaction design skills (think After Effects, Principle, or Framer, Origami).
- A portfolio that reflects your strengths in both UX and visual design skills.
- A natural inclination to take the lead and help everyone arrive at a deeper understanding and greater appreciation of the work.
- Fluent in translating stakeholder goals, user research, and complex user flows into simple UIs.
- Passionate about staying ahead of desktop and mobile best practices, developments and trends in web, mobile and iOS design.
- Communication pro, with the ability to deliver compelling design rationales in both client and internal contexts.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and client briefs that lead to more questions than answers.
- Motivated by feedback, and by the opportunity to improve in your role, in the work, and in how you work together as a team.
- Guide the design process throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Drive client presentations and discussions of your team’s work.
- Respectfully decline the status quo and push both clients and colleagues outside their comfort zones.
- Foster positive client relationships and directly influence client stakeholders.
- Work with Project Delivery Managers and Client Partners to scope project requirements.
- Help promote an inspiring and inclusive environment for the team.
- Coach and mentor Product Designers to determine and work towards desired career growth paths, sharing tailored feedback and guidance, and monitoring overall fulfillment and happiness.
- Promote a culture of autonomy balanced with proven ways of working.
- UX Design
- Visual Design
- Product Strategy
- Critique and Collaboration
- Content Design
- Selling Design
- Creative Direction
- Systems Design
- Brand Strategy