6 month growth↓ -3%
1 year growth↓ -1%
2 year growth↑ 6%
- 10+ years of e-commerce science & analytics experience
- 5+ years of experience building, developing and managing data science and analytics teams and leaders
- Deep experience in search, recommendations and personalization methods and applications
- Strong machine learning and/or statistical modeling expertise
- Experience improving site performance with analytics & science
- Experience with data warehouses (e.g. Snowflake), BI platforms (e.g. Tableau & Amplitude), scripting languages (e.g. Python and R)
- Strong partner collaboration and communication skills and a record of success interfacing with executive product, business and technology leaders
- Manage and develop a team of 20+ data science leaders and professionals
- Develop innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning, AI, statistical and quantitative modeling approaches to power e-commerce, search and marketing
- Build new science capabilities to grow our emerging ad-tech business
- Partner with product, engineering, and operations leadership to formulate roadmaps and influence decision making based on quantitative insights and experimentation
- Elevate Shipt’s data science organization & technology in partnership with the broader data science leadership team
- Collaborative and a strong team leader
- Experience successfully implementing science to power e-commerce
At Shipt, we are transforming the grocery shopping experience and giving time back to consumers. Shipt shoppers handpick fresh groceries and household essentials, then deliver them to your door in as little as one hour.Senior Director of Data Sciences for Marketplace.
Shipt is looking for a Senior Director of Data Science to lead our talented Marketplace team. This team builds the models and unlocks the intelligence to power our innovative same-day shop & deliver platform. Marketplace connects customers with personalized, same-day shop & deliver service across a broad set of national and regional retailers.
As the Sr. Director of Marketplace Data Science, you’ll lead a team of data scientists to develop innovative new science, ML and AI solutions and insights that power our site and app experience, marketing strategies and ad tech capabilities. This includes…
Building search and sponsored search products across our multi-retailer catalog
Developing science based recommendations and personalization across our site & app
Steering product strategy with causal inference, intelligence and measurement
Managing models and automation across marketing: channel spend optimization, prospect scoring, incrementality testing.
Forecasting and optimization of site merchandising promotion
Designing ad-tech measurement capabilities
In this role, you will build, engage and develop a team of leaders and data science professionals, building on Shipt’s positive and inclusive culture. You will develop and implement new science and intelligence applications in collaboration with product and technology leaders. You will partner closely with C-level executives and illuminate our marketplace and marketing strategies through data.
Our ideal candidate will be collaborative, a strong team leader and have deep experience successfully implementing science to power e-commerce.
Manage and develop a team of 20+ data science leaders and professionals
Develop innovative data science solutions that utilize machine learning, AI, statistical and quantitative modeling approaches to power e-commerce, search and marketing.
Build new science capabilities to grow our emerging ad-tech business
Partner with product, engineering, and operations leadership to formulate roadmaps and influence decision making based on quantitative insights and experimentation.
Elevate Shipt’s data science organization & technology in partnership with the broader data science leadership team.
10+ years of e-commerce science & analytics experience
5+ years of experience building, developing and managing data science and analytics teams and leaders
Deep experience in search, recommendations and personalization methods and applications
Strong machine learning and/or statistical modeling expertise
Experience improving site performance with analytics & science
Experience with data warehouses (we use Snowflake), BI platforms (we use Tableau & Amplitude), scripting languages (we use both Python and R)
Strong partner collaboration and communication skills and a record of success interfacing with executive product, business and technology leaders
Shipt is a retail tech company that connects people to reliable, high-quality delivery with a personal touch. Shipt connects customers to the things they want from the stores they love, retail businesses to more satisfied customers, and workers to new earning opportunities.
At Shipt, we aim to put our team first to boost a sense of belonging, spark opportunities for growth, provide unique benefits and commit to giving back to our communities in ways that make life better, both personally and professionally. We understand that our service, our culture, and our connection to our communities are only made better by every single person who shows up to work here every day. Learn More.
Shipt is an independently operated, wholly owned subsidiary of Target Corporation and available in more than 5,000 U.S. cities. Shipt was founded and is headquartered in Birmingham, Alabama. For more information, please visit Shipt’s company site at Shipt.com.
Shipt considers candidates located near a Shipt office or workspace in Birmingham, San Francisco, or Minneapolis to be hybrid, which means that they have the flexibility to work from home (with leader approval) or at a Shipt office in order to facilitate the ability to innovate, collaborate, and spark team connections. In-office expectations will vary by role and leader. Certain roles may require in-office presence on a full-time basis. Please work with your recruiter to learn more about the classification of this role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, ethnicity, religion or religious belief, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, military or veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Metro Areas of Boston, District of Columbia, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and New York City:$156,660-$313,320