Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
West Athens, CA, USA
- High school diploma or equivalency certificate
- 2+ years of testing experience in a manufacturing, aerospace, or military environment
- Experience with pressure systems-cryogenic (gaseous and liquid) and hydrostatic systems
- Experience using tooling such as form blocks, drill jigs, and shop aids
- Experience using hand tools and precision measuring equipment
- Able to lead and understand drawings and schematics
- Experience running electrical, structural or pressure tests on flight components in LabVIEW
- Experience operating high-pressure test carts for pneumatic testing
- Experience with computer-based data analysis (LabVIEW)
- Experience with actuators, plumbing (hydraulic/pneumatic - both set up and operation of these systems)
- Experience with high pressure (>1000psi) gases
- Must be able to work all require shift hours, overtime and/or weekends, as needed. Nominal hours - 1st shift: 5:00 AM - 3:30 PM; 2nd shift: 3:30PM to 2 AM
- Ability to travel to different sites, as needed, up to 5%
- Ability to support repetitive assembly operations: grasping, standing, lifting, bending, pulling, pushing, stooping, stretching, working at heights and carrying are generally required to perform the functions of this position
- Ability to work in outdoor environments as needed
- To conform to U.S. Government space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) you must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about the ITAR here
- Run pneumatic tests on flight hardware
- Use hand tools, high pressure pumps and protective equipment
- Work with high pressure gases (helium and nitrogen) as well as liquid nitrogen
- Analyze test data to meet acceptance criteria established by engineering
- Use computer software programs for controlling tests
- Layout, fabricate, assemble, and install experimental and production flight hardware for master mock-ups, full scale operating models, and test assemblies
- Repair or replace flight hardware due to engineering design changes and test failures
Designs, manufactures, & launches rockets and spacecrafts
SpaceX's mission is to make humanity multiplanetary. The company is working on a next generation of fully reusable launch vehicles that will be the most powerful ever built, capable of carrying humans to Mars and other destinations in the solar system.
- Benefits and Perks - Our employees’ well-being is important to us and essential to our capacity to do extraordinary things. We offer a wide variety of programs to support the health, wellness, and financial security of our employees and their families.
Company Core Values
- Make History - SpaceX has gained worldwide attention for a series of historic milestones. It is the only private company capable of returning a spacecraft from low-Earth orbit, and in 2012 our Dragon spacecraft became the first commercial spacecraft to deliver cargo to and from the International Space Station. And in 2020, SpaceX became the first private company to take humans there as well.
- Reusability - SpaceX believes a fully and rapidly reusable rocket is the pivotal breakthrough needed to substantially reduce the cost of space access. The majority of the launch cost comes from building the rocket, which historically has flown only once.
- Landing - SpaceX’s family of Falcon launch vehicles are the first and only orbital class rockets capable of reflight. Depending on the performance required for the mission, Falcon lands on one of our autonomous spaceport droneships out on the ocean or one of our landing zones near our launch pads.