Tax Staff – January 2023
Posted on 10/10/2022
Park City, UT, USA
- On track to completing a bachelor's degree in accounting or a master's degree in accounting between August 2021 - December 2022
- Minimum overall and accounting GPAs of 3.0
- Active membership in Beta Alpha Psi or another accounting campus organization
- Strong technical aptitude and evidence of effective verbal and written communication skills
- Exhibit leadership skills that demonstrates strong judgement, problem-solving, and decision-making abilities
- Able to learn in a fast paced environment and receptive to feedback and coaching
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize responsibilities, and take initiative on projects
- Can work independently and manage multiple assignments in a dynamic environment
- High attention to detail
- A positive attitude and a team player mentality with a can-do spirit
- Is client-centric and willing to go the extra mile to meet deadlines
- Prepare federal and multi-state income tax returns for individuals, partnerships, corporations, and trusts and its related income tax work papers
- Prepare and respond to correspondences from taxing authorities
- Identify accounting and income tax issues and proposes strategies to resolve them
- Perform tax technical research as needed
- Perform self-review of work
- Learn and effectively utilize firm tax software to continually learn, knowledge sharing, and enhance the quality of service to clients
- Work closely with a team and communicates job status with all levels of the engagement team
- Complete assigned projects within engagement timeline and budget guidelines
- Develop strong relationships with firm professionals at all levels
- Participate in firm trainings, recruiting events, and firm activities
- Work with your buddy and performance manager on professional development of both technical and soft skills
HCVT's mission is to enhance and improve the firm's retention and advancement of women by leading women of all career stages to connect, grow, and achieve professional and personal success.
- Health and Wellness
- Learning and Development
- Reward Employees
- Work and Life Integration
Company Core Values
- Integrity at our Core - We hold ourselves to the highest standards to earn the trust of the public, our clients, and our team.
- Building Success Together - The foundation of our success is working as a team. By collaborating, we provide our clients with exceptional service aligned with their needs.
- Passion for Excellence - We deliver excellence. We embrace continuous learning and development of our skills so that together, we get smarter every year.
- Equity, Diversity, & Inclusion - We are committed to an inclusive work environment that embraces and respects individuals regardless of their race, gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, or disability.