Immuta enables organizations to unlock value from their cloud data by protecting it and providing secure access. The Immuta Data Security Platform provides sensitive data discovery, security and access control, data activity monitoring, and has deep integrations with the leading cloud data platforms. Immuta is now trusted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies around the world to secure their data. Founded in 2015, Immuta is headquartered in Boston, MA.
- Immuta has been recognized by Forbes as a top American startup employer, by Inc. Magazine as one of the best workplaces, and by Fast Company as one of the top 50 most innovative companies
- Immuta is trusted by the top U.S. bank, two of the top three top pharma companies in the world, the world’s top luxury car brand, and many other large enterprises across industries
- In the past 12 months, Immuta has increased annual recurring revenue (ARR) by more than 100 percent, doubled its customer base, doubled the number of employees, and is now valued at over $1B.
- Technology partners include Snowflake, Databricks, AWS, Azure, Google Cloud, and Starburst
- $267 million in total funding. Investors include NightDragon, Greenspring Associates, March Capital, Ten Eleven Ventures, Intel Capital Corporation, NGP Capital, DFJ Growth, Dell Technologies Capital, Citi Ventures, Inc, Wipro Ventures, and Okta Ventures
-Hybrid workplace with offices in Boston, MA; Columbus, Ohio; College Park, Maryland; and London
Immuta’s software engineers develop the next-generation technologies that enable organizations to govern and protect one of their most valuable assets - data. Our product automates access and privacy controls across cloud data platforms (e.g. Snowflake, Databricks, Redshift, Starburst) and traditional RDBMS products (e.g. PostgreSQL, MySQL, Oracle) at a massive scale. We’re looking for software engineers that are passionate about building elegant, modern platforms and are enthusiastic to take on new challenges as we continue to push data governance technologies forward.
As a Software Engineer at Immuta, you will be part of a small agile engineering team focused on sensitive data detection and classification. Our team builds the place where technical users discover and gain insight to their data sources. You will be part of a talented team that values everyone’s input and creativity, allowing you to explore creative solutions, the freedom to manage your time as a mature contributor, and opportunities to provide thought leadership across Immuta.
What You’ll Do
- Lead development of components and user experience related to the identification and classification of sensitive data in customer environments
- Provide mentorship and guidance to members of the team
- Work across Immuta engineering teams to coordinate design, development, and deployment of collective initiatives
- Ensure overall quality of delivery through code reviews, automated testing, and injecting best practices into development processes
What You’ll Bring
- 5+ years of experience building frontend components using a modern framework like Angular, React, or Vue.js.
- Experience in thoughtfully building and querying relational databases like PostgreSQL.
- A hunger to work in a diverse environment where collaboration and teamwork is valued.
- A passion for delivering a world class user experience, whether it’s a frontend application or an expertly crafted API.
- An interest in utilizing software design patterns to create new complex features that are easy to understand and maintain in addition to re-thinking existing features.
- Strong knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals like object-oriented design, usage of data structures, understanding complexity, and utilizing design patterns.
- Experience in building multi-tenant microservices and DevOps processes/technologies such as Docker, Kubernetes, etc. is nice to have but not required
At Immuta, our goal is to help bridge the gap between personal and professional growth, so that our team members can be well and thrive personally and professionally. After all, great professional success stories rarely happen without great personal success stories! Our generous benefits package given to all full time employees includes:
- 100% employer paid Healthcare (Medical, Dental, Vision) premiums for you and your dependents (including Domestic Partners)
- 100% employer paid mental wellness platform for you and your dependents
- Stock Options
- Wellness perks (100% employer paid Whoop fitness band and subscription)
- Paid parental leave (Both Maternity and Paternity)
- Unlimited Paid time off (U.S. based positions)
- Learning and Development Resources
Immuta provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, age, disability (including disability due to pregnancy) or genetics, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Immuta complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment.
NOTICE TO THIRD PARTY RECRUITERS: Immuta does not accept candidates from third party recruiters. All candidates submitted through are considered to be submissions by the candidate and no submission will obligate Immuta to pay any third party for the referral or hiring of a candidate.