Junior Trader - Arbitrage and Market Making Desk
Posted on 7/12/2022
- A strong passion for cryptocurrency and understanding of the solutions they provide
- 2-4 years of trading and market making experience, preferably in the crypto markets
- Degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics, Physics or related degree
- Proficient in at least one coding language preferably Python, any additional ones a plus
- Should be able to independently formulate own opinions about cryptocurrency markets
- Must be a quick learner who is comfortable with a face-paced environment. You have an entrepreneurial mindset and are ambitious yet humble
- Strong risk management skills and attention to detail
- Deep Knowledge of cryptocurrencies and wallets preferred
- Owner mentality - prepared to work outside the standard 9-5 and embrace the 24/7 global nature of the crypto markets. Weekend work may be required
- Maintain existing arbitrage and market making strategies, identify new opportunities in the market and develop strategies of your own
- Maximize PnL for the OTC group and help support other firm wide initiatives related to market making
- Ensure risk is monitored and trading systems remain operational 24/7
- Manage the relationship with any 3rd party software vendors
- Analyze large sets of trading data to generate insights, find arbitrage opportunities, and implement strategies with changing market conditions
- Rebalance crypto and FX exposure across various trading venues as necessary
- Real-time risk, PnL and balances monitoring
- Identify and formulate trading strategies; execute trades within define parameters
- Work with other Kraken traders and developers to gain market knowledge and expertise
Kraken's mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion.
- Competitive salary and equity plan
- 401k contribution plan
- Vacation & Generous PTO
- Paid Tranings
- Remote Friendly: 90% of Krakenites work remotely, we believe people do their best work wherever they're happiest
- Flexibility and Autonomy: We are highly results-focused vs. time-focused. We want you to work when and how you need to keep you at your most proactive.
- Diversity: Our Team is spread across 60 countries. By joining Kraken you'll be part of a truly multicultural organization that values diversity and inclusion.
- Kindness: From executive leadership onwards, we are committed to making Kraken a welcoming and respectful community.