Senior Software Engineer
Posted on 2/2/2022
- 4+ years demonstrated experience building using large-scale backend services and APIs
- High attention to detail, flexible and able to work concurrently on multiple projects
- Ability to troubleshoot, research, and work through complex problems
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Collaborate with Product Managers, Product Designers and other Software Engineers to deliver new functionality and iterative improvements to member-facing products and internal tools
- Build efficient, scalable and reusable services and APIs using Typescript
- Writing and reviewing technical design documents for new applications and features
- Participate in code reviews with other engineers
- Focus on knowledge sharing with other engineers
- Identify and resolve scalability and performance issues
- Profile and improve large-scale database access patterns
- Focus on application performance and monitoring
- Participate in the on-call engineering rotation
- Experience in working with modern CI/CD and engineering tooling - we leverage Amazon Web Services, GitHub Actions and Terraform extensively
- Experience with microservice-oriented architectures
- Experience with agile methodologies
- Experience with Typescript
- Experience with Python / Django
Bazaarvoice helps brands capture, analyze and act upon social data, and enables authentic customer-powered marketing.
- Mental wellness matters - All team members get access to the Modern Health platform, which provides resources for personal/professional coaching, therapy, and meditation.
- Improve your community and b:generous - We believe in investing our time and money to support our communities globally.
- Embrace wellness and reward others - Through our YouEarnedIt platform, achievements, wellness, volunteering, and coaching is celebrated and rewarded, and everyone has a voice.
- Paid sabbaticals - We reward employees for hard work. After five years with Bazaarvoice, you can apply for an eight-week paid sabbatical.
- Recognition-based culture - We provide opportunities for annual merit rewards, company bonus schemes, and growth within your role.
- Flexible work from home policies - The working world has changed. So have we.
- Customer is key - We see our own success through our customers’ outcomes. We approach every situation with a customer-first mindset.
- Passionate pursuit of performance - Our energy is contagious, because we hire for passion, drive, and curiosity. We love what we do, which makes us laser-focused on our mission.
- Transparency and integrity build trust - We believe in the power of authentic feedback. It’s in our DNA. We do the right thing when faced with hard choices. Transparency and trust accelerate our collective performance.
- Innovation over imitation - We seek to innovate as we are not content with the status quo. We embrace agility and experimentation as an advantage.
- Stronger together - We bring our whole selves to the mission and find value in diverse perspectives. We champion what’s best for Bazaarvoice before individuals or teams. As a stronger company, we build a stronger community.