Business Development Director
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Atlanta, GA, USA
- 7+ years successful Software Sales Experience into the Manufacturing vertical is required
- Can explain the respective value chains for process and discrete manufacturing - including the key economic drivers; the business, people, and technical inter-dependencies; the digitalization opportunity with Industry 4.0
- Well-versed in important manufacturing use cases, such as yield optimization, production visibility, higher operator productivity, quality improvement, predictive maintenance, and higher machine utilization
- Experience with Operational Technology equipment and related software, such as Honeywell Connected Plant, Emerson Plantweb/AMS, GE/Meridum APM, Aveva, Bentley, and OSIsoft PI
- 7+ years of direct sales experience carrying and exceeding a quota and selling enterprise software/ software-as-a-service (Business Intelligence/ Data Warehouse/ Big Data/ Advanced Analytics/ Machine Learning) to C-level executives
- Proven track record meeting and exceeding software/SaaS bookings goals with new customers in a Direct sales role (not Channel or Partner-based)
- Experience starting, managing, and closing complex sales cycles
- Detail oriented, strong relationship-building skills and a focus on a high level of customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including stellar presentation skills
- Self-starter, able to work in a team environment, and superb time management and prioritization skills
- Savvy at helping customers create business cases with quantified ROI to justify new investments
- Familiarity with relevant technology, such as Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Hive, BigQuery); Data Warehouses; Business Intelligence; and Machine Learning
- Start-up experience (Series A, B, or C)
- Bachelor's degree
- An opportunity to make an impact on the industrial future and be part of disruptive and groundbreaking global projects
- High level of autonomy, ability to influence decisions and to learn from mistakes
- Work along side a driven, engaging team with in-depth software expertise and industry experience
- Opportunity to join [email protected] for social, community, and diversity initiatives
- Focus on velocity, openness, togetherness, impact, and curiosity
- Join a team that truly lives their values and brings their whole selves to Cognite
- Develop and execute a territory strategy to drive bookings growth and win new customers
- Through active prospecting and your personal network of contacts, generate new pipeline and provide “commercial insights” to prospective clients on how Cognite's solutions will address the most important areas of their value chain
- Manage complex sales cycles and lead your extended territory team (pre-sales and other key functions) to delight your prospects and customers
- Utilize value-selling processes alongside demonstrating a wealth of knowledge of Cognite's solutions
- Negotiate favorable pricing and business terms with large enterprises by selling value and ROI
- Achieve bookings targets while developing satisfied and referenceable customers
- Accurately forecast monthly and quarterly results
- Update salesforce.com on a regular basis
- Provide timely and insightful input back to other corporate functions, particularly product management and marketing
- Present and demonstrate our solutions in-person and via web-based presentations
- Approximately 50% travel on client site and to our Texas offices
Cognite Data Fusion contextually enriches IT and OT data.
Cognite is on a mission to power a high-tech, sustainable, and profitable industrial future.
- Competitive Compensation + 401(k) with employer matching
- Health, Dental, Vision & Disability Coverages with premiums fully covered for employees and all dependents
- Unlimited PTO + flexibility to enjoy it
- Paid Parental Leave Program
- Learning & Development Stipends
- Global Mobility & Exchange Program
- Company Paid Friday Lunch via DoorDash + Fully Stocked Fridges in the offices
Company Core Values
- Velocity - We move fast and try new things, and we don't stop moving forward. Execution is everything.
- Openness - Data must be open to create value. We share as much as possible with our customers and partners alike.
- Impact - Go big or go home. We fundamentally change the industrial world and make it more sustainable.
- Togetherness - We innovate through building on our ideas and strengths. This means supporting and challenging one another.
- Curiosity - We love learning. We're courageous and we love finding better answers. We're willing to challenge each other on the way.