Software Engineering Manager
Global Compute, Remote
Updated on 9/29/2022
Development Operations (DevOps)
- Lead your team of high-performing engineers by providing both career mentorship and technical vision for the product
- Work on current software architectures: Fully containerized, Python, MySQL, message-based architecture
- Contribute to open-source projects such as OpenStack, KVM, libvirt, and QEMU
- Drive design and development of globally distributed services that power next-generation infrastructure experiences
- Design resilient and redundant services to maintain high availability and performance
- Perform code reviews and participate in suggesting and supporting coding best practices
- Participate in DevOps, and release activities in support of the platform
- Engage with engineers & partners across GoDaddy to solve problems with broad impact from group-wide to company-wide implications
- Lead the creation of high-quality, performant systems that engage and delights customers
- 3+ years of experience in software engineering in infrastructure, backend service development, or site reliability engineering
- Experience leading a team of software engineers, as either Tech Lead or Manager
- Knowledge of a breadth of technologies
- Being able to develop in at least one programming language. (e.g., using Python)
- You are a highly motivated, highly collaborative individual
- Passion to develop elegant yet pragmatic solutions to solve real-world business scenarios
- Strong desire to learn and to grow, and to mentor engineers to do the same
- Experience working with and leading agile development teams
- Experience in working closely with a team of specialists across disciplines to design and implement high-quality software solutions
- Understanding of networking (IP, TCP, DNS, BGP)
- Knowledge of git and git-based workflows
- Being able to automate deployments (e.g., using Puppet)
- Experience maintaining or contributing to open-Source projects
- Previous experience in an infrastructure engineering role, including infrastructure development, network, data center engineering, or platform operations
- Experience coordinating with project management and product owners, potentially using Agile processes
- Experience with cloud platform technologies such as AWS, OpenStack, etc
- Experience with virtualization technologies such as KVM or QEMU
World's largest domain registrar
GoDaddy's mission is to empower entrepreneurs everywhere, making opportunity more inclusive for all. They do this by democratizing access to basic IT tools.
- 401k with generous employer match, pre-tax / Roth options
- Shares of GDDY stock through grants
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Professional development & tuition support
- Subsidized meals
- Employer-paid trip reduction expenses
- Tax-advantaged accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Medical, dental, vision, disability, the works
- Liberal time away to rest & recharge
- Family-friendly options like day care subsidy, paid parental leave, adoption assistance and fertility coverage
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Benefits fairs, flu shots, wellness perks
- Tax-advantaged accounts (FSA, HSA)
- Company-wide celebrations and events: TechFest, Town Halls, picnics, holiday parties
- Team kudos and peer recognition programs
- Empower by GoDaddy matches charitable grants and offers volunteer opportunities
- Team-building and professional development
- Ideas thrive here - You can’t change the world by playing it safe. We embrace innovative thinking and the big ideas it creates, and we celebrate when ideas become a reality.
- Pull together - Our collaborative focus transforms individual ideas and strengths into collective action and solutions. We don’t do silos, and small teams have the resources to tackle big problems.
- Your potential is boundless - With ample opportunity to learn, stretch and contribute, anyone in any role can grow into a better professional, colleague and person.
- We love to have a good time - We enjoy a good hike or happy hour just as much as a successful product launch, which is why employees get every chance to live passionately outside the office.
- Diversity drives us - To change the world for the better, we need a team as diverse as the entrepreneurs we empower around the world.
- We’re customer-obsessed - Our customers are creative people doing amazing things, and that inspires us every day. We do our best work because we know it impacts the success of entrepreneurs everywhere.