Remote, UK | £23,500 to £27,000 (depending on the breadth of experience displayed) + Benefits
** In applying for this role it is essential that you have 6 months or more of experience in working in Mastercard Card Payment Disputes - please note that applications without this experience will be declined. **
** We cannot sponsor Visas for this role **
We’re here to make money work for everyone and we’re doing things differently. We want to change that and build a bank with everyone, for everyone. Our amazing community suggests features, test the app and give us constant feedback so we can build something everyone loves.
We’re focused on solving problems, rather than selling financial products. We want to make the world a better place and change people’s lives through Monzo.
What you’ll be doing:
We are looking for passionate people with experience in Disputes, specifically Card Payment Disputes (CPD) investigations. You’ll love solving problems, investigating and evidencing through the Mastercard chargeback process and keeping up-to-date with the latest trends. As you gain experience you’ll be able to take on more complex cases and grow your skills in different areas of the Mastercard disputes process.
Your day to day:
- You’ll be using a full set of tools to build a timeline of a customer’s Goods and Services disputes claim
- Communicating with our customers effectively and with empathy and securing the right outcomes for them.
- Making fair decisions based on your high quality investigation, in line with external regulations and internal policies.
- Engaging with the Mastercard chargeback process through to second presentments.
- Being a point of escalation for the wider team and providing knowledge sharing through being a subject matter expert on the full chargeback process.
- Identifying and supporting our vulnerable customers in relation to their dispute claims
You should apply if:
- You are able to start on 10th July 2023 and 4 weeks training Monday to Friday 9am - 6pm (no holidays or appointment are allowed during this time)
- You are a UK resident currently living in the UK and have the right to work in the UK.
- You have experience of working in Card Payment Disputes of 6 months or more.
- You have experience of Mastercard card scheme rules.
- You love connecting the dots and solving problems.
- You are comfortable making decisions based upon your judgement in a changing environment.
- You’re great at explaining things to people, and have flawless written English.
- You’re excited by our mission of making money work for everyone.
The interview process
The application process consists of
- Answering the application questions below
- A take home task that should take no more than 2 hours to complete
- A remote assessment centre, lasting approximately 2 hours
Our average process takes around 2-3 weeks. You will have the chance to speak to our recruitment team at various points during your process, but if you do have any specific questions ahead of this please contact us on [email protected]
What’s in it for you:
- This is a distributed (work from home) role, but you can be based in our Cardiff office if you would prefer to work in an office environment.
- Learning budget of £1,000 a year for books, training courses and conferences
- Full and continuous training - Initial training is for 4 weeks. Please note that no holidays or appointments are permitted during the training period.
➕And much more, see our full list of benefits here
Your working life and shift requirements ️
You’ll be working remotely on an ’open availability’ contract basis, to make sure we’re always here to help and allow 24/7 customer support, meaning your shift pattern will change on a weekly basis. This is Monday to Sunday 6am - 10pm including bank holidays. Please note that you cannot choose your shifts and you must be fully flexible to work these hours.
To make sure we have enough cover on weekends, you’ll work some other weekend days and get days off in the same working week. All of our full time COps are guaranteed 1 full weekend off each month.
To work remotely you’ll also need:
- to work from home in the UK in a safe, private and distraction free environment
- a solid internet connection (download speed - 10mbps; upload speed - 5 mbps)
- We’ll provide you with a Macbook laptop on your first day. There’s no need to supply your own.
You do need to own your own smartphone, this will be needed each time you log into our customer support system.
Equal Opportunity Statement
We are actively creating an equitable environment for every Monzonaut to thrive.
Diversity and inclusion are a priority for us and we are making sure we have lots of support for all of our people to grow at Monzo. At Monzo, embracing diversity in all of its forms and fostering an inclusive environment for all people to do the best work of their lives with us. This is integral to our mission of making money work for everyone. You can read more in ourblog, 2021Diversity and Inclusion Report and 2022Gender Pay Gap Report.
We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to age, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family or parental status, national origin, or veteran, neurodiversity or disability status.