Let’s face it, a company whose mission is human transformation better have some fresh thinking about the employer/employee relationship.
We do. We can’t cram it all in here, but you’ll start noticing it from the first interview.
Even our candidate experience is different. And when you get an offer from us (and accept it), you get way more than a paycheck. You get a personal BetterUp Coach, a development plan, a trained and coached manager, the most amazing team you’ve ever met (yes, each with their own personal BetterUp Coach), and most importantly, work that matters.
This makes for a remarkably focused and fulfilling work experience. Frankly, it’s not for everyone. But for people with fire in their belly, it’s a game-changing, career-defining, soul-lifting move.
Join us and we promise you the most intense and fulfilling years of your career, doing life-changing work in a fun, inventive, soulful culture.
If that sounds exciting—and the job description below feels like a fit—we really should start talking.
BetterUp is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our team to design and build product experiences that enable professional coaching at scale. As part of our Alliances initiative, you will drive BetterUp’s revenue growth by contributing to the development and execution of strategies to build partnership revenue streams for BetterUp through recruiting and enabling with Strategic Technology Partners. In this role, you will work closely with Sales, Engineering, Marketing, and Operations teams to meet our goals. You will be the central point of contact for representing the 360-degree view of our Partnership product efforts across multiple work streams and will lead regular reviews with both internal and external VP+ leaders.
BetterUp’s Alliances team is newly formed and building a thriving ecosystem to further our mission of helping people everywhere live their lives with greater clarity, purpose, and passion. The ideal candidate thrives in ambiguity and can manage multiple tasks at one time. We are a team that collaborates tightly, asks hard questions, ships quickly, and has fun. Our team cares deeply about crafting the highest quality product experiences, and each team member has a profound impact on the vision and direction of what we deliver.
You will craft transformational user experiences that drive business outcomes. You will deliver product and process innovation by taking ownership of not only what we develop, but how we create a learning culture dedicated to constant improvement. You will make courageous decisions daily and push the boundaries of what our team is capable of delivering.
You will partner tightly with designers and engineers to validate potential solutions and collaborate, adjust, and iterate quickly. You will thrive in an objective-oriented environment that values collectively finding the best outcomes. For example, using amplitude/looker to run a/b tests, cohort analysis, and retention analysis.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who wants to work cross-functionally within an organization while being able to exercise their strategic and detail-oriented muscles in a fast paced environment.
What you’ll do:
- You will craft transformational user experiences that drive business outcomes. You will deliver product and process innovation by taking ownership of not only what we develop, but how we create a learning culture dedicated to constant improvement. You will make courageous decisions daily and push the boundaries of what our team is capable of delivering.
- You will manage the technical integrations of HCM, CRM and ERP partners, 3rd-party applications, and more.
- You will serve as a primary point-of-contact for all technical software alliance needs—both across internal BetterUp functional teams (such as field, product strategy, marketing, etc.) and for alliance partners
- You will partner with BetterUp’s engineering teams to coordinate technology alliances
- Build and maintain strong positive relationships with external technology partners to achieve partnership goals, including driving new integrations and expansions, existing business revenue opportunities, and co-marketing activities
- You will partner tightly with designers and engineers to validate potential solutions and collaborate, adjust, and iterate quickly. You will thrive in an objective-oriented environment that values collectively finding the best outcomes.
- You will combine your understanding of technology with your understanding of people to amplify value to our customers.
- You will discover novel applications for our capabilities via direct engagement with our customers.
- You will expertly guide ambiguous, loosely defined ideas from discovery through pilot and implementation. Excelling at quickly testing/validating ideas to parse through uncertainty.
- You will leverage your deep technical expertise to provide technical and strategic clarity for engineering and business partners.
- You will organize a broad set of technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- You will ensure appropriate data privacy while developing novel, data driven solutions.
If you have some or all of the following, please apply:
- Computer science degree, MBA, and/or advanced psychology degree is a plus
- 5-7 years of previous experience as a Product Manager (bonus for growth-oriented roles)
- Experience leading the end to end product lifecycle
- Have found product-market fit for at least one consumer-grade product (bonus for consumer apps in health, education, gaming)
- Exceptional standards for making data-informed decisions
- Experience in managing relationships with external partners, such as vendors or service providers, and integrating their products or services into the company’s offerings
- Assist the development team in API requirements definition and development according to partner needs
- Experience presenting and building relationships with internal and external Executive Leadership Teams; selling to multiple-stakeholders
- Experience using salesforce.com to manage opportunities and revenue
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines when necessary
- Creative problem solver and resourceful in meeting project goals with your partners
- Ability to collaborate and lead cross-functional teams across the company to meet joint goals and objectives and to present this strategic vision to the Partner
- Comfortable setting up, running, and evaluating the success of a/b experiments
- Expert knowledge of product design and development processes
- Passionate about our mission to “help every professional pursue their life with clarity, purpose, and passion”
- Self-directed and biased towards action
- Expert verbal and written communicator with remote teams
At BetterUp, we are committed to living out our mission every day and that starts with providing benefits that allow our employees to care for themselves, support their families, and give back to their community.
- Access to BetterUp coaching; one for you and one for a friend or family member
- A competitive compensation plan with opportunity for advancement
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Flexible paid time off
- Per year:
- All federal/statutory holidays observed
- 4 BetterUp Inner Work days (https://www.betterup.co/inner-work)
- 5 Volunteer Days to give back
- Learning and Development stipend
- Company wide Summer & Winter breaks
- Year-round charitable contribution of your choice on behalf of BetterUp
- 401(k) self contribution
We are dedicated to building diverse teams that fuel an authentic workplace and sense of belonging for each and every employee. We know applying for a job can be intimidating, please don’t hesitate to reach out — we encourage everyone interested in joining us to apply.
BetterUp Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, BetterUp Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
At BetterUp, we compensate our employees fairly for their work. Base salary is determined by job-related experience, education/training, residence location, as well as market indicators. The range below is representative of base salary only and does not include equity, sales bonus plans (when applicable) and benefits. This range may be modified in the future.
The base salary range for this role is $155,550 – $233,300.
If you live in New York, the base salary range for this role is:
$155,550 – $233,300 : New York City
$155,550 – $233,300 : Nassau, Newburgh
$155,550 – $233,300 : Albany, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse