Advanced Hardware Manufacturing
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
San Carlos, CA, USA
- BS in mechanical, electrical, or electronics required (Master Electrical Engineering Preferred)
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment (automotive, semiconductor, or aerospace fields are preferred)
- Thorough knowledge of QMS and quality control fundamentals
- Ability to read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings
- Background in MRB and NCMR handling along with driving SCARs & CAPAs to resolution
- Experience in standard quality tools required (FMEA, Control Plan, 8D, SPC, etc.)
- Strong planning, organizational, analytical, negotiation, interpersonal, decision-making, oral, and written communication skills
- A strong understanding of general manufacturing assembly processes is required
- Ability to adapt to a fast-changing dynamic environment
- Lead Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) and guide teams to create quality documents including detailed Process Flow Diagrams, Process Failure Mode Analysis (PFMEA), Inspection Reports, Dimensional reports, Functional Test Reports (FTR's), Process Certs, Material Certs, Rework instructions, Temporary Deviation Orders (TDO's), Packaging Reports, Part Submission Warrants (PSW's) in various quality databases including Jira, RGBSI, 3DX, and other Internal Quality Logs
- Play a fundamental role to support the setting up of procedures and instructions and processes that will allow Zoox to align with the international standards for Quality Systems (IATF 16949, ISO 9001, and similar)
- Be the main point of contact between Design Teams and Manufacturing Quality for hardware development (such as Lidar, Radar, Camera, etc.)
- Develop Quality Plan from Design & Specification reviews to serial production
- Work closely with the Test Engineering team to develop the end-of-line test process
- Development of Incoming Quality Control (IQC), In Process Quality Control (IPQC), & Outgoing Quality Control (OQC) requirements and setting metrics for analyzing performance
- Lead root cause analysis activities from prototype, production, and services using 8D,5 Why, and problem-solving methodologies
- Hold MRB(Material Review Board) meetings with key stakeholders in order to determine the disposition of on-hand units in quarantine
- Support process improvement activities
- Track all quality issues and communicate status to all stakeholders
- Responsible for creating and reporting metrics to demonstrate quality status in NPI, manufacturing, and services
- Maintain a high bar of teamwork & cross-functional collaboration
- Demonstrate effective communication and collaboration with all stakeholders
- Experience in Lidar / Radar / Sensor / Camera
- Python coding or similar language
- Experience working in a start-up environment and setting a QMS from scratch
Self driving car robotics company
Zoox is reinventing personal transportation—making the future safer, cleaner, and more enjoyable for everyone. The company is building the infrastructure for self-driving cars.
- Health Insurance
- Maternity & Paternity Leave
- Vacation & Paid Time Off
- Sick Days
- Free Lunch or Snacks
- Employee Assitance Program
Company Core Values
- We're doing one thing that will change everything.
- It's bigger than any of us.
- One Zoox, one crew.
- Every day is a milestone.