Santa Ana, California
6 month growth↓ -1%
1 year growth↑ 7%
2 year growth↑ 5%
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications
- Enrollment in Law School as a 2L or 3L law student
- Legal research for Underwriters
- Preparing policies
- Preparing initial drafts of high liability memos for collaboration
- Assisting Title Officers and Underwriters with objection letters, survey reviews, and pro forma drafting
- An interest and willingness to learn about the Mortgage, Real Estate, Financial, Title Insurance or related industries
- Ability to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed
- Ingrained concern for the customer and representing the Company in the best professional manner as possible
- Potential to excel in the following competencies: Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative
- Outstanding interpersonal skills
Who We AreJoin a team that puts its People First! As a member of First American’s family of companies, National Commercial Services provides single-point service for simple to multi-property/multi-state national commercial real estate transactions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for eight consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.
What We DoThe intern will work in a program designed to help legal students gain experience and develop the technology, professional and interpersonal skills that will be invaluable throughout their career. Interns are given exposure by working in a corporate environment within the Financial/Title Industry balanced with intern specific activities, executive level presentations and networking opportunities while under the close supervision and guidance of their manager or in-house counsel for the Underwriting program. 2L and 3L law students in the Underwriting program will work on assignments related to Real Estate Law.
Underwriting interns will work on various projects in the office including but not limited to:
Legal research for Underwriters
Preparing initial drafts of high liability memos for collaboration
Assisting Title Officers and Underwriters with objection letters, survey reviews, and pro forma drafting
What You’ll Bring
- Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite applications.
- An interest and willingness to learn about the Mortgage, Real Estate, Financial, Title Insurance or related industries.
- The ability to solve problems, be detailed oriented and be conscientious about all work completed.
- An ingrained concern for the customer and representing our Company in the best professional manner as possible.
- The potential to excel in the following competencies: Communication, Customer Focus, Ethics & Integrity, Teamwork & Adaptability, Productivity & Initiative.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Currently enrolled in Law School as a 2L or 3L law student
Pay Range: $30.00-$34.00 per hour
This hiring range is a reasonable estimate of the base pay range for this position at the time of posting. Pay is based on a number of factors which may include job-related knowledge, skills, experience, business requirements and geographic location.