Manager – Software Engineering
Confirmed live in the last 24 hours
Seattle, WA, USA • Remote in USA
- 3 or more years of experience with technical leadership
- 5 or more years of experience with software engineering
- Hands on technical manager experienced in designing, building and deploying secure, scalable products and services
- You love the idea of coaching and building leaders (both within your direct team and outside of your team)
- You have a passion for enabling and motivating people to do their best work
- You work very well cross-functionally, and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs
- You have experience managing remote teams
- The ability to thrive on a fast pace environment with high level of autonomy and responsibilities
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
- Run day-to-day activities of a dynamic engineering teams, including requirements grooming, scrums, retrospectives and team outings
- Design, build, and maintain APIs, user-facing experiences, services, and systems
- Provide technical and architectural direction for the development, design, integration, testing, and maintenance of our platform
- Lead agile software processes for engineering teams and introduce best-in-class industry practices
- Partner with stakeholders to ensure the teams' contributions align with company objectives, develop technology roadmaps and set realistic product release schedules
- Perform full lifecycle of team management to attract, engage, retain, coach and performance manage teams of exceptional engineers (e.g., mentoring, recruiting, training and development, performance evaluation)
- Act as an internal ambassador for the engineering team to other groups, communicating the opportunities and constraints technology offers to the development of projects
- Manage technical debt to ensure our development velocity stays responsive and predictable while minimizing production incidents of our operations
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of Circle's engineering management team
- Coordinate the execution of these activities working with cross-functional teams within Circle
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
Company Core Values
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.