UX Content Writer
Posted on 2/9/2023
New York, NY, USA
- Confident and proactive: you can integrate your craft into a product development process that hasn't historically included dedicated UX writing
- User-centric: As a UX writer you need to have a good understanding of user-centered design principles and how to apply them in their writing
- Collaborative: you understand that great UX writing depends on collaboration with designers, product managers, and other stakeholders
- Savvy and tactful in communication: you intuitively find the right tone in every situation and feel comfortable working with people from a wide range of backgrounds
- You have a minimum of 6 years of experience working hands-on with UX at a high-growth startup, established tech company or consulting agency
- You have creative pursuits - an independent blog, published work, or written research are all pluses
- Establish the voice of Via's products and set Via's UX writing guidelines that will be implemented across all of our products
- Write clear, concise product copy for new products and features, initiating these projects to review, while also improving all existing copy in the product
- Work closely with designers and product managers to define the workflow of UX writing, and then incorporate UX writing to the product creation cycle
- Collaborate with the marketing team to improve the holistic CX (customer experience) UX writing
- Research who our users are and how/why they're using our products in order to inform your UX writing (transit agencies, city managers, riders, drivers and developers)
- Measure the impact of your UX writing and make decisions using AB tests and other data-driven approaches to impact analysis
- You have a Bachelor's degree - a Master's degree is a plus
Via's mission is to create a truly dynamic mass transit system, liberated from the constraints of fixed routes and fixed schedules
- Competitive salaries and equity packages.
- Health and wellness benefits.
- Local volunteer opportunities.
- Support for all new parents.
- Learning opportunities through our Via-Versity.
- Employee Resource Groups.
Company Core Values
- Sharing - Sharing is a founding principle; it’s in our DNA. Sharing rides, yes (that one’s a no-brainer) but we’re also passionate about collaboration, resource and knowledge sharing, and even our successes and failures, too. We ride together, in all we do.
- Equity - Transportation is a great equalizer — it removes barriers to good jobs, quality healthcare, and educational opportunities for all. Where you live should not determine your economic mobility or overall quality of life.
- Sustainability - Building sustainable cities means working towards a car-free future. And in the short term, getting people out of their single occupancy vehicles and switching to electric vehicles wherever possible.
- AD&I - We’re committed to Anti-racism, Diversity, and Inclusion at Via, and in helping advance racial equity in transportation systems and through policy. A diverse and inclusive workforce is proven to drive real business success, and we work towards our AD&I goals every day.