WHO WE ARE
Basis Technologies delivers software and services to automate digital media operations for more than 1,000 leading agencies and brands.
Our comprehensive ad tech platform, Basis, supports the planning, reporting, and financial reconciliation of direct, programmatic, search, and social media, all in one place.
We are deeply committed to building software that will change the ad tech industry for the better and are equally dedicated to building an inclusive culture of highly motivated individuals who create a positive and supportive environment together. We invest in our culture and support our employees so they can do their best work.
Basis Technologies is headquartered in Chicago, and our employees have the flexibility to work in an office location, completely remote, or a hybrid of the two. Please note, we are hiring on a remote working basis only in the U.S. and Canada.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Strategic Media Services (SMS) team provides strategic partnership and integrated media solutions to our diverse suite of clients. We deliver Raving Fan Service by helping clients challenge their media objectives and realize their business ambitions. Powered by best-in-class research and planning tools, SMS works in partnership with our sales team to tailor our tech enabled services approach to drive better outcomes and media campaigns.
WAYS YOU’LL CONTRIBUTE
This position will be responsible for developing and monitoring media plans. This role will be responsible for managing media fundamentals education while stewarding media execution for a suite of Basis clients.
OTHER WAYS YOU WILL CONTRIBUTE TO THE TEAM ARE BY:
- Leveraging a strong understanding of the digital media landscape and the latest Basis products and solutions to craft strong media planning recommendations tied to the overarching strategy
- Delivering integrated media plans considering all media channels based on clear rationale
- Maintaining a deep understanding of all syndicated media tools and how they can contribute to the planning task at hand
- Collaborating with our analytics team to ensure media strategies are aligned to business objectives and measures of success
- Negotiating with vendors to secure the best inventory and pricing available for our clients
- Cultivating strong internal relationships with associate media planners, ad operations, campaign analytics, and search and social media planners.
- Operating with a solutions-oriented approach and a high degree of client servicing
- Contributing to high levels of campaign performance, client satisfaction, and retention, while working alongside the VP and Director of Integrated Client Solutions and Client Development team members
WHAT YOU BRING TO THE TABLE
- 2+ years of experience in digital media planning and buying
- Understanding and interest in programmatic media and real-time bidding
- Experience working alongside a Demand Side Platform
- Strategic thinking and proactive client service skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong issue resolution and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work well in a cross functional team environment
- Passion for staying current with the latest research and media tools to guide recommendations
- Intermediate to Advanced Excel and Powerpoint skills
- Hands on DSP buying experience
- Previous holistic media planning experience
- Experience working with a 3rd party ad server
- Experience in digital reporting dashboards such as Datorama
- Experience in holistic media planning with a focus on search and social
- Basis Certified
Don’t think you have all the skills required for this role? That’s okay, we recognize that experience can be built in many ways. If you have relevant skills that are not reflected in your resume, we welcome your candidacy and encourage you to share more in an optional cover letter, even if your experience doesn’t match our exact requirements.
LIFE WITH BASIS TECHNOLOGIES
We take care of our people and believe that our success depends on the growth and well-being of each one of our team members.
We’ve been proudly recognized as:
Ad Age, Best Places to Work 2023, 2022, 2013
Built In, Best Workplaces 2023, 2022, 2021
Crain’s Best Companies to Work for in Chicago 2022, 2021, 2020, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011
Crain’s Best Companies to Work for in New York 2022, 2021, 2014
Dallas Morning News, Top Workplaces 2021, 2019, 2015
Denver Post, Top Workplaces 2022, 2021, 2020
Denver Business Journal’s Largest Employers 2022, 2021, 2020
Fortune Magazine, Best Workplaces 2022, 2021, 2020, 2015, 2014
We provide a thoughtful perks and benefits package including competitive 401k/RRSP matching, mental health support, a funded health savings account, paid sabbatical, generous parental leave, a flexible work environment and time off policy, and more.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building teams that are diverse in thought, perspective, and culture. We celebrate all team members regardless of gender identity, sexual orientation, race or cultural background, religion, disability, and age.
Basis is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application processes. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]