Business Development Manager, Capital Markets Services
Posted on 6/16/2022
Remote in USA • Philadelphia, PA, USA
- Experience - You are an accomplished (6+ years) Capital Markets or FinTech operator who can speak with Portfolio Managers & Analysts, as well as with Operations personnel. You understand the avenues to, and impacts of, a move to a decentralized financial landscape. You are talented in storytelling and presenting, and you listen well. You have a strong interest in the future of Capital Markets and a deep understanding of how blockchains and onchain transactions work
- Customer Focus - You are naturally curious and care deeply about understanding your customer's business strategy. You are capable of initiating and engaging in strategic conversations at multiple levels of the organization. You are engaged with the digital assets community and keep yourself aware of newsworthy companies, market movements and projects
- Strategic Agility - You have an in-depth understanding of the buyer journey and can lead a complex technical sale in a highly consultative manner. You have demonstrable experience managing a cross-functional sales process and driving deals to conclusion
- Track Record of Success - You thrive in competitive situations with a well established history of exceeding new customer acquisition and revenue quotas. You have or can quickly build a relationship with operators in the capital markets industry
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - This role requires the ability to document and build processes while you are selling Circle's products and services. You love building at the earliest stages. You enjoy actively contributing to the development of the sales process, the articulation of the value proposition, and the creation of key tools and assets
- Aptitude - Can discuss portfolio construction and asset allocation, asset class characteristics and performance drivers, as well as trade settlement and margin collateral issues for Asset Managers. You understand API connectivity and can speak at a high level with trading system developers. You understand US regulation of Asset Managers (RIA's, Family Offices, Broker Dealers)
- Experience/familiarity with Slack, Apple MacOS and GSuite
- Owning the full sales cycle from lead to close
- Developing and managing a metrics-driven sales pipeline
- Accurately forecasting your business on a monthly and quarterly basis
- Identifying and prioritizing strategic, high-revenue opportunities
- Actively partnering with a cross-functional team to drive deal closure
- Being a subject matter expert to Circle colleagues as they build new features around the Circle Account and products for a demanding client base
- Collaborating with your peers to highlight best practices and lessons learned
- Multistakeholder - you have dedication and commitment to our customers, shareholders, employees and families and local communities
- Mindful - you seek to be respectful, an active listener and to pay attention to detail
- Driven by Excellence - you are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success which means you relentlessly pursue excellence, that you do not tolerate mediocrity and you work intensely to achieve your goals
- High Integrity - you seek open and honest communication, and you hold yourself to very high moral and ethical standards. You reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance
Platform for businesses to accept payments and send payouts
Circle's mission is to raise global economic prosperity through programmable internet commerce. The company is a global financial technology firm that’s at the center of digital currency innovation and open financial infrastructure.
- Paid time off - We offer flexible paid time off — take what you need as long as it works with you and your team, and all Circle employees get mobile phone and home office reimbursements.
- Health coverage - No matter where you live, we offer a market competitive suite of benefits. Enroll in health, dental, vision, disability, and life insurances, and Circle covers some or all of the premiums.
- Invested in your future - All U.S. full-time and part-time employees enjoy 401(k) and pensions (with 4% company match if you contribute 5% or more), and share Circle’s success via company equity awards.
- Learning & development - Your individual growth and development is important to us and we provide the resources to help you grow your career while at Circle.
- We are Multistakeholder - As an institution, we exist in a broad stakeholder context, which means that we must organize, incentivize and measure ourselves against meeting the needs of all of our stakeholders — our customers, our shareholders, our employees and families, our local communities and our world.
- We are Mindful - We seek to be present and aware, to be respectful, active listeners (with each other and with our customers alike), and to pay attention to detail. We don’t rush to judgement, and when we are swept up by strong emotions we patiently observe and acknowledge them and try to not just react. Our mindfulness leads to better understanding, and more respectful, careful and deliberate choices.
- We are Driven by Excellence - We are driven by our mission and our passion for customer success. Being driven also means that we relentlessly pursue excellence, that we do not tolerate mediocrity, that we reward based on merit, and that we work intensely to achieve our goals. Being driven doesn’t mean that we are assholes and plough over people or tolerate a culture of aggressiveness. We are a team. Part of our drive is to bring everyone along in our collective achievement.
- We are High Integrity - We seek open and honest communication, and hold ourselves to very high moral and ethical standards. When we say we will do something, we do it. When we are having difficulty and need help, we talk about it. We treat each other and our customers with the utmost respect. We reject manipulation, dishonesty and intolerance. We welcome vulnerability and uncertainty, which needs to be listened to in order to bring people along, and helps us to constantly learn and improve. Our customers and partners implicitly experience us as high integrity, and our customer centric choices demonstrate this to them again and again.