Senior Supplier Quality Engineer
Posted on 2/5/2023
Normal, IL, USA
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering or Master's degree in engineering, supply chain, or another related field
- 3+ years in an engineering, manufacturing, or other related fields, experience in quality preferred
- Technical expertise in automotive manufacturing processes related to battery and thermal parts including knowledge of safety and test requirements and appearance approval process
- Understanding of Geometric Design and Tolerancing (GD&T) and datum structures
- Knowledge of IATF16949:2016
- Working knowledge of Metrology, Inspection Methods and Equipment
- Strong knowledge of Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP), Production Part Approval Process (PPAP), Failure Mode and Effect Analysis (FMEA)
- Must be able to travel up to 50%
- Ability to work in a diverse and dynamic environment
- Planning and prioritizing activities
- Understanding of cost and financial impacts
- Lean Manufacturing knowledge
- Manage problem landscape through detailed work in problem solving
- Perform on-site supplier visits/audits for root cause analysis, verification of correction actions implemented and documented at the supplier location
- Develop supplier action plans to support the industrialization of the supplier
- Support supplier development team in the advanced product quality planning (APQP)
- Work with Engineering (Design and Manufacturing Engineers) team to define process parameters and criteria to ensure supplier process capability is effective to meet product and process requirements
- Promote the use of Rivian preferred techniques for continuous improvement such as Lean, Six-Sigma, Poka-Yoke (Error Proofing), Measurement System Analysis, and Process Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (PFMEA)
- Support the Quality Organization to monitor and report on supplier product quality and performance
- Report on Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) in order to adhere to process and prevent occurrence of any non-conformity relating to product, process or system
Electric vehicles manufacturer
Rivian is on a mission to keep the world adventurous forever. The company believes there is a more responsible way to explore the world and is determined to make the transition to sustainable transportation an exciting one. Rivian designed their emissions-free Electric Adventure Vehicles to challenge what's possible.
- Ownership for All: We offer every employee the opportunity to own Rivian stock through equity programs, supporting their financial wellness.
- Mental and Emotional Wellness: We provide employees and their families access to mental wellness platforms and our Employees Assistance Program
- Fertility and Family Planning: We support diverse family-building journeys, providing employees with benefits such as paid parental leave and financial support for adoption, fertility treatments or surrogacy.
- Competitive Compensation: We offer competitive compensation packages driven by mutual investment in our long-term growth and success.
- Career Development: We enable all employees to own their development. Continuous learning opportunities and tuition reimbursement help drive performance, boost engagement and develop future leaders.
- Transgender Benefits: In alignment with WPATH guidelines, our 2022 plans provide coverage toward medical, pharmacy and cosmetic needs.
Company Core Values
- A diverse workforce
- Embracing active allyship
- Purpose-driven partnerships
- Supporting our team